Angel has white spots

Garrett

Sounds like marine ich. Do they look like little grains of salt?

You have to remove all of the fish into a QT tank and treat them for about 8 weeks with the display tank completely empty. There is no way to safely treat a display tank with coral in it. The other fish wont show symptoms yet, but you can be about 99% sure they are or will be infected.

You may be able to get it with a UV sterilizer and feeding garlic with fish food. The actual medications will pretty much ruin any rock and sand in the tank so you wouldn't want to treat with those in a display tank at all.

The 2 methods to get rid of it are copper and hypo-salinity. You would not want to use either of these in a DT, especially the copper.

Is the fish still eating and active? If so, I have been successful in getting rid of ich by feeding with food that has a few drops of Garlic Extract or Garlic Xtreme (by Kent) with it. Ich is a immune system parasite... If the fish is healthy and still eating, strengthening the immune system can fight off the parasite. This meaning small regular feedings, water changes to keep water quality stable and keeping the fish under as least stress as possible.

Or if it is a severe case of ich or you can and want to treat for it, Jestep has given you the QT details...

Thank you for the site! It is very helpfully. My tank is 36gal. If I do a qt tank would an 8 gal be ok? My angel is 2.5 inch, I have a 3/4inch maroon clown and a 1inch yellow tail Damsel. They all get along fine but if I quarantine them all in that small I'm curious if it would be ok. I don't want to get a qt tank much bigger due to the fact that in an 8gal qt tank I'd be removing >1/4 of my water from my display tank. Any suggestions or would this be ok? I'm on a small budget.

No, 8 gallons will not be enough size for highly territorial fish like the maroon clown and the damsel, never mind the angel. Plus it will be hard to keep stable parameters with so many fish in such a small body of water.

I'd look into pulling the Rockand sand to a Rubbermaid container and start treating the DT as qt get them cured and done then drain/clean a second time and return them and start from there.

This would be a good way to do it but you would probably need to start over on the sand. Also, do a hyposalinity and not copper if you do it in your DT.