Hosting and Moving

Grog

I need to move a tank to another room.

We have major home improvements going on and having the tank in that room is a no-go. Tough thing to do but I'll purge some items and have to keep the livestock I love in 'holding tanks' for about a month while the construction is being done. :(

Question is: I have a pair of clowns who have hosted with a frogspawn. Cute. How does that relationship endure over a move and remove? Does it last, or do they unbond and get all feisty?

Just wondering how this move will affect their relationship and trying to make it less stressful. Any tips?

Grog

That's the plan. Just wondering if they maintain the relationship or get all freaked/stressed out. Hoping they stick together. They sure love to root around in that frogspawn..

Once clowns start hosting they tend to panic a bit if they lose their host. Assuming you can't put a real coral in with them, see if you can find something for them to host even if it's one of those fake plastic anemones.

Generally speaking they'll be pretty upset, but they have each other. I just moved all my tanks to houston, and they immediately dove straight for their hosts after I cycled and set my tanks back up. They should be ok! If you can't put it in there with them, maybe add a terra cotta pot just for them to hide in and feel safe. That's mostly what the host is for anyway :)

Generally speaking they'll be pretty upset, but they have each other. I just moved all my tanks to houston, and they immediately dove straight for their hosts after I cycled and set my tanks back up. They should be ok! If you can't put it in there with them, maybe add a terra cotta pot just for them to hide in and feel safe. That's mostly what the host is for anyway smile.png

Are both of you in houston now?

thumbsdown.gif we are loosing two of our gurus!

Archived