Fan for Biocube 29

Mlaw

My biocube is running a little hotter than I would like. I need to drop things by a degree or 2 so I'm thinking fan. I've already upgraded to LEDs and have pulled the heater out. I want to put the heater back in and put a fan in but need something that will allow me to close the hood up. Any thoughts?

I was responding to woods.

For mlaw try pumping air down into the rear chamber and make a curtain back there where its hidden and leave the back lid open for evap to test if its enough before cutting anything.

Yes, but if the original fans are removed and not replaced that would cause additional heating issues and would be the first place to start. I upgraded my fans as well and that is a second option. The third item if the original fans are already upgraded would be to add a fan blowing in the back for the evaporation cooling Ian mentions. I leave both my front and back lids cracked open to help pull air across the surface of the water to help with evapation cooling.

left the original fans in place and run them with the LEDs.

was really looking for something small that I could put in the back compartment that would push air over the surface of the water for evap. I currently leave the back open. I'd keep the front open also but the 21 month old would have a toy car in there faster than fast.

Archived