Disaster... back to square one...

H20COOL

So had to move recently, waited to move my tank at the end.. got all my buckets, jugs, water made, some small tanks at the new house (20 gal, 10 gal) to hold the rock and coral and fish.. did everything by the book, barely broke any coral (a few tines of the sps), got everything into the holding tanks, air stones, pumps, heaters, etc.. all good.

Waiting on new tank coming to replace other one (same one, 34gal Solana, but not all-in-one, plan on drilling and putting in small overflow as i have larger custom sump).. clipped on my little LED refugium light to the 20gal for some lighting and to be able to see the coral /fish after the move..

My gf and i came in later that evening - and NO! LED was in the WATER! grabbed it out, but by them damage done. Shocked tank with most of livestock and rock.. all fish dead. Dwarf golden moray doing death rolls in front of us until he died. All other critters dead. Disaster. Luckily had some rock and chaeto in the 10gal i had put in separately that i then put in my sump and fired up... so still some biological left and a lot of the good water from the tank saved.. so not a total restart..

got rid of the rock as per Bio3 as the good bacteria electrocuted it and kept the coral.. some are hanging on, most look terrible.. tossed ones beyond repair, rest in tank with phosphate reactor and carbon running and water changes.. see if they hold on..

guess i'm starting over. New tank will be here friday.. (going to do a different aquascape and rebuild.. luckily some of you folks have some good frags not to expensive i see for sale... sucks for that to kill all my critters but such is life...

Here are the most recent pics of my tank..

34 gal solana

Apex Neptune controlled via touchscreen

(2) MP 10

Radion LED inside lamp shade

Lifereef custom built Berlin sump / refugium under stand

Lifereef big 'ole skimmer

Phosphate reactor

Carbon reactor

lotta zoas and palys.. a lot not cheap either..

lotta lps

some sps

yellow tang

6-line wrasse

mandarin goby

dwarf golden moray eel

purple/ orange lobster

neon goby

yellow small goby

green chromis

bengai cardinal

any donations for the new build kindly accepted wink.png sucks to have to re-start, but such is life.... i see a few of you with great frags for sale i'll be hitting you up in the near future, so hook a brotha up on the package deal if / when i come to you wink.png

post-2515-0-06677800-1354031271_thumb.jp post-2515-0-57621100-1354031341_thumb.jp post-2515-0-88689200-1354031413_thumb.jp post-2515-0-98959100-1354031571_thumb.jp

post-2515-0-14707600-1354031574_thumb.jp post-2515-0-90360400-1354031575_thumb.jp post-2515-0-49351300-1354031577_thumb.jp post-2515-0-54763100-1354031579_thumb.jp post-2515-0-71003700-1354031581_thumb.jp

Bummer! Electralisys may have put enough metals in the water to kill the animals. I would encourage you if you can do some large water changes with water from a healthy tank. It will help dilute what may be left in the water and the bacteria will be beneficial.

thanks all... i'm taking time to redo it, re-stained the stand a nice dark cherry mahagony color.. cleaning everything up, mounting everything nice and neat.. new tank coming Friday, will get dropped off to drill/ have overflow built in then add the sand and start on my aquascaping... slowly but surely..

and yes, remaining tank inhabitants has had several water changes and carbon running constantly....