Light Rack Ideas

Stephen

I need to mount LED fixture above my rimless tank and need some ideas! My ceilings are too high to suspend the fixture with wire. I'd like to do square tubing mounted to the back of my tank with some kind of vertical support that can be adjustable. I'm thinking drilled with pegs or something.. Anyone have any experience with this?

Look at the mounting brackets available for the Aqua Illumination lights. They have some that mount to the back of your stand. Don't know if those would work with your lights but worth looking at for possible DIY ideas.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Looks good capt. Did you screw the shelf mounts in to studs in the wall? I have 2 sols that i am trying to find ideas for hanging them. Your way seems fairly simple and clean

i used very heavy duty wall anchors (80lbs per and 3 of them per bracket) I will note I had to widen the holes in both rails and the brackets...the brackets are 18"

they are the four things on the end in this picture:

2ft_blownup.jpg

and the black things in this picture:

aqua-illumination-LED-Rack.jpg

Where did you get those originally? I'd like something like that for the two I'm about to order but didn't see anything like that available for them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think I'm going to try and build a rack out of this aluminum tubing. Seems pretty easy to assemble just cut and snap together with fittings.

http://www.eztube.com

80/20 looks cleaner and is easy to work with. TS10 is the exact stuff the AI SOL/VEGA mount is made of

http://www.tslots.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used electrical conduit and used a pipe bender to make an "L" shape for my par38's. Spay painted black and ziptied the wiring.

Do you have a picture of your finished product? I'd like to see.

Archived