Chinese LED units - any recommendations

fightinghippo

I have been emailing back and forth with a couple of vendors on alibaba and one of them suggested 2 of the following units for my 90 gallon tank

http://www.alibaba.c..._120W_with.html

The configuration is

Item Value Size(mm)400x212x62mm

Real Power(watt) of LED 120W

Input voltage(V) 85~260V

Input current(A)1.4~0.45A

Work frequency(Hz) 50/60 Hz

working environment(-20~40°C)

LED Quantity55pcs 3W bridgelux/epistar

LEDsWide beam angle60/90/120degree

dimmer2pcs manual dimmer, one control blue color and the other control white color. switchnotimer built in timer, control working time of each channel, start time and end time.

PF>0.97Lifespan(hrs)50,000 Hours

Regular spectrum ratioblue460nm:white14000k:red630nm:violet420nm:UV380nm=24:25:2:2:2

They said they can customize the ratio of lights. but standard is listed above. they are quoting 125 per unit with optics and recommended two of these units

I have looked at buildmyled lights but it would cost me $520 ( recommended 2 48") which is double than what the above ones cost.

Does any one have these units? is it worth the risk for the cost? its a lot of features for almost half the cost

can you recommend any changes to the LED combinations than the default listed above

After playing with them in person if this is your only option in LED then get them. If you can get the buildmyled and want a better product built in the usa I'd pick them up. They are more customizeable, less heat, no moving parts, less noise, dimmable by controller or manual pots, and local in case anything goes wrong just whip by their shop they fix you up and you're on your way before the day ends... try that with alibaba ::P

also when i buy off alibaba I usually buy double what they say because 1 its so cheap I can afffor that and 2 its usually cheaper than the competition still and i have backups... but when back ups arrive DOA you might end up in a pickle... might not, all up to you.

Lights aren't a location I choose to cheap out on a tank I'll save that for the cheap tricks thread and spend good $$ on good light.

Archived