automatic day/night LED?

lewisweil

A friend of mine wants to convert his tanks to LED and he wants day/night cycles. Are there any good LED systems that have that as a built in setting without having to use an external controller? I have not used any like that so I am unfamiliar.

A friend of mine wants to convert his tanks to LED and he wants day/night cycles. Are there any good LED systems that have that as a built in setting without having to use an external controller? I have not used any like that so I am unfamiliar.

do u want it just come on/off for day/night cycle or dimmable funtion to ramp up/down? i control mine w/ 2 digital timers from harbor freight for $11/ea and they get the job done fine. also the night light can goes on/off as u want it, to create a sleep mode for all ur live stock....

When grabbing an LED, I'd always check alibaba and places like that. You can often find the factory on there and save some cash instead of buying ti from someone who just marks it up and resells. I've seen a lot of chunky brick style LED on those websites right from the factory.

They do make some small in line controllers for lights only that you could install if you cant find exactly what you want. They work better than the timers but do cost more. (had too many timers not trip the switch or spin right past the time I set)

We have a premium 2 year warranty, and take care of all warranty service and repairs right here in the USA.

Keep in mind that if you get these from a factory you are up a creek if something goes wrong. Even if they want to help, you will still pay for shipping + insurance there and back. The color spectrum's represented by these are quite good, the price is outstanding, they at least have namebrand led's(less bin data) and someone in the US believes they are worthy of a 2yr warranty, to me that alone is worth the $40 you save by buying direct as-is. As always....YMMV

Cheers,

I managed to often find the same item about 40% less. When I find them at this price difference I just buy 2. The factories will give some sort of warranty, if they didnt the seller wouldnt offer one because then they have no fall back. If and when a fixture goes out I can pull out the second and fire right up, contact the company and get the problem one fixed. Even state side sellers will have you ship the fixture back. Best case they give you a new one or a loaner while they fix yours. worse case you have to wait for them to fix yours and send it back... either way your looking at time with out a light. I just use redundancy to defeat this possible issue. All up to the individual how they plan to handle it :) I know some people who have had radion's go down and they had to send it in for verification then have one sent out, shipping was 2 days both ways but its still down time.

• 2 weeks later...

well ok mr "find lower prices" (Bio3) - you're the one that dropped the name "Radion" in a subtle whisper to me telling me that's what i REALLY need lol. Which actually, i am very thankful for and i do love..

so my answer is: Radion. program it to whatever you want, day or night, change intensities, have them shift, add clouds, lightning storms, moonlight colors, whatever.. all from built in software. My Apex isnt used at all for my lighting or controlling MP10s as all that is wirelessly communicated to Radion and syncs.

it ain't cheap, but oh how sweet it is....

Archived