Where to get an aquarium drilled?

HaysStanford

Im having trouble finding someone who will drill a 1 3/4 inch hole for a 1 inch pvc bulkhead. I need 4 holes drilled, each 4 inches apart. Does anyone know where I could get my tank drilled? The glass is not tempered and im drilling in the side of the tank.

I can bring it here if you like, I drilled my own tanks.

I've got the bit for 1 inch bulkheads, brand new.*although I dont charge I do appreciate donations so I can buy new bits when these wear out*

***Note*** Just like everyone else that drills tanks I do not garuntee the tank will not crack. I can say that I havent broke a tank yet (always a first time for everything though), only glass i broke was a tempered piece I was test drilling on to see how the bits handled. Have done 3 holes on my own tank and ~20 holes on another members tank system.

That sounds great! So are you saying you have a drill bit for a 1 inch pvc bulkhead thats going to have a larger total diameter than 1 inch? Would you want to meet at my house or your house? Im also willing to bring you some beer or wine that you like I you want some.

Edited by HaysStanford

My drill bit is 1 3/4 " big, you will install a 1inch bulkhead.

I've got everything here for drilling except the tank. If its easy to move then I'd say bring it here... if its not easy then I can work on stoping by within the next week.

Ya there are a few shops you can go to and pay them to do the holes. I just ask for a donation to recover the saw when it is dull and get a new one. I dont make profit on it, any extra money acquired goes to new hole saws to increase the inventory and help members as they need it.

• 1 month later...