TaoTronics LED 120 watt

Mark V

Hello

I've been hearing about this LED on a few forums and was curious how many do you need for a 3 4 or 5 foot tank setup. Was thinking 40G breeder 75G 4 foot or 75G and 100G 5 foot setup

Also curious how to avoid the ceiling mounts if possible on LED lights.

I've never heard of that company before but a quick look seems like it's a generic copy of an Orphik or AI fixture. Assume it will cover about 2 feet1. I would look for soemthing that has more colors. I've had issues with some coral not liking the spectrum of a fixture with just 2 colors (1 white, 1 blue). Look for 4 colors or more including red.

1(And don't belive the hype about being equal to a 400 watt MH. There is so much variation between MH setups this comparison is totally bogus. I've seen well designed 250 watt fixtures put out more light than generic 400 watt fixures. I have also measured almost twice as much light between different bulbs of different color temperatures and different manufacturers in identical fixtures with identical ballasts.)

tim loves him some footnotes smile.png

laugh.png It helps me keep things less confused in my mind and let's me know when I'm going off on tangents that wern't neccessarily important to the threads original topic or to my response to the topic.

Thanks I was mostly concerned about coverage and how many units I would need. LED are a bit confusing and the light spread is usually not disclosed. Much easier with MH or T5 when you have set 48" fixtures etc to help gauge what you need

Archived