Who all is going to MACNA?

Chad and Belinda

MACNA is only 3 days away!!! I thought I would see who all is going. I know a few of you that will but wanted to see who else we might run into. I also thought other members might like to know as well.

Belinda and I plan on hitting a few LFS. Any good suggestions? One stop is Neptunes. Jake at RCA told me about another good one but I can't recall the name at the moment. He said it was pricey but worth the stop. However, money is no object since we don't have any. Hahahaha Actually I want to see what new corals might be introduced at the show or even some that have been around but we haven't seen yet. Hopefully some vendors are willing to go down in price on Sunday. I heard they tend to do that. If we see something nice at one of the stores and it's something we never see around here locally we could be persuaded.

I was originally planning on going but some stuff came up and I am going to miss out. I guess that's OK since the ticket prices are pretty hefty. There is a fish gallery in Dallas. I haven't been to that one, but the Houston store is pretty incredible. Definitely worth checking out if it's in the vicinity.

Dave Pettit and I will be there.

The Fish Gallery store in Dallas is definitely worth going to.

Lone Star Aquaculture is up that way as well, there had been mention of maybe getting a behind the scenes tour.... HINT HINT :D

Really looking forward to this weekend:

Private tour of Cowboys Stadium Friday afternoon, Rangers game Friday evening, MACNA all day Saturday. Finish with the Jean-Michael Cousteau banquet Saturday evening.

Don't forget our own Mark Callahan (aka Mr. Saltwater Tank TV) will be speaking at noon on Saturday!

I would highly recommend Mid-Cities Aquariums. They were closest to us when we lived up there and we were fortunate for them to be our local LFS. True Percula in Arlington is pricey and a little hit-or-miss; DNA is okay but too far out of the way for me. There are a couple of other stores in the HEB area that have amazing coral; if the names spring to mind I'll post them. Frank's Tanks in South Fort Worth is very nice as well.

You can spend an entire day driving all over the Metroplex to see LFSs but you really have to make a decision as to whether you want to stay on the Dallas side or Ft Worth side or you'll spend your whole day in the car. Driving from one to another is kind of like going from RCA to Aquadome... or farther... to get to each and every store.

I would highly recommend Mid-Cities Aquariums. They were closest to us when we lived up there and we were fortunate for them to be our local LFS. True Percula in Arlington is pricey and a little hit-or-miss; DNA is okay but too far out of the way for me. There are a couple of other stores in the HEB area that have amazing coral; if the names spring to mind I'll post them. Frank's Tanks in South Fort Worth is very nice as well.

You can spend an entire day driving all over the Metroplex to see LFSs but you really have to make a decision as to whether you want to stay on the Dallas side or Ft Worth side or you'll spend your whole day in the car. Driving from one to another is kind of like going from RCA to Aquadome... or farther... to get to each and every store.

Mid-City was the one Jake was telling us to go to so it looks like Neptunes and Mid-City will be on our agenda. I wish we could be in Dallas on Friday so we could see more stores but our schedule won't allow it.