Acrylic box

DerrickH

I need a clear acrylic box that can hold around 2g of water. Not an open top though, must be a box with watertight lid. I want to make a skimmer drain container out of it. I want to be able to mount a float switch in it to hook up to my apex. I could make one, but thought I'd try here first.

I bought a 2g water container at Walmart that seems to fit what you're describing. It was about $5, rectangular, and has a spout as well as a large cap on top (float switch could be hung here).

3142-9qKI9L._SY300_.jpg

Yeah the only reason I kinda wanted to do acrylic was to drill and tap it for the quick disconnect fittings "john guest?". I could live with a 2g long "flat" container that way I could just drill the lid, mount the float switches I got. Looks like I will have to build one. I like the custom acrylic look with thumb screws and such lol.

I got this sitting on the shelf in the garage. I was debating making it into a pico tank for my desk, possibly an ATO tank since it has the 1/4" hole on the top that would work good for an aqualifter. 4 thumb screws keeps the top secured down ;)

Also has Austin Reef Club etched into the front, thought it might be neat to have a pico tank with rescued items off the club tongue.png

But at the moment it is just collecting dust because i have a second acrylic container that fits my ATO space better.

post-2165-0-14031900-1344908902_thumb.jp

Make me an offer? I've been known to let items slide off the shelf. I do have to say that whoever put the box together did let a little weldon drip on the back panel so there are a few drip marks down the back piece.