verizon cell phones from ebay

AquaJohn

I have a grandfathered account with verizon and they no longer let you keep unlimmeted data if you get a "new for 2" phone.

The only way at least that I have found is to buy a phone without a new 2 year contract and from verizon or big box store its 800 bucks :(. So I am thinking of getting one off ebay and wondered what the down side to that is. I have never purchased a used or new cell from anyone other than getting one cheep with a new contract.

I am looking at a 32 gb samsung galaxy s3.

I have always had an android and don't really think I want to switch to apple.

So any tips or any advice on finding a good used one is there a web site that sells them for a decent price.

That is terrible that they are pullin your old plan when renewing. ATT just upgrades the phone and doesnt touch the plan. Have you tried going in and demandding you keep the plan or you will switch carriers? It could be an empty threat but often they wont want to lose an account.

I have seen some people offer on CL to buy out someones upgrade. They will pay the 200 for the phone and then give the account holder an extra 100-150. this way you get the phone for 350 tops out the door and put it on your account without touching your upgrade.

ya I would change but at$t dont offer unlimeted data anymore lol and ver Is the only company I seem to get any service with at my house if you look at the coverage maps across the street from me is not covered lol

and if there is no 4g service is it worth getting a 4g phone or should I just stay with a cheeper 3g

I have literally NEVER used my 4G on my phone. It drains the battery way too fast to even have it. If you want to watch movies on the ridiculously tiny screen then 4G is cool. But I just whip out a laptop for that...

I have purchased a couple phones off of CL. If you go that route, you want to make sure they meet you at a Verizon store, and have an employee check to make sure all the verification numbers are clean (ie, that it wasn't ever reported stolen)

I was wondering about the 4 g because the remote area I live in cable goes down regularly and I cant live with out the net lol at about 10 min in with no tv and no inter net I start to shake :)

and I currently use pdanet to conect my computer to the droid for internet service.

Meeting at verizon is a good tip thanks.

PM me, I've gotten phones a few times over the web.

We recently stopped using Verizon and I have a used Motorola Droid 2 that is in excellent condition and has the car adapter that lets you use it like a GPS. I listed it on craigslist yesterday, but can offer you a deal if you're interested.