How to remove a BTA?

davidbean

I have had a pink BTA in my tank for about the past three months and he is doing great and growing like a weed. Problem is he split into three about three weeks ago and now all three of them are between 4-6 inches across and I really don't want all three in my tank. How do I get them out without harming them? I cannot remove the rock, they are on one of my base rocks under about 60 pound of liverock.

I had a large Teal w/ pink tips BTA that was on the back side of a very large piece of live rock where I could not get to the foot. It took about two months but by putting flat rocks blocking it from expanding it finally crawled onto a smaller rock I was able to move easily.

I've always been able to tickle mine off if I can reach the foot. If not, I find shading them or otherwise making them uncomfortable (pointing a powerhead directly at them, etc) usually convinces them to move. Good luck!

+1

I've always been able to tickle mine off if I can reach the foot. If not, I find shading them or otherwise making them uncomfortable (pointing a powerhead directly at them, etc) usually convinces them to move. Good luck!