Hanna Alkalinity Checker - Experience?

FarmerTy

Hi fellow reefers,

Just curious if anybody has the alkalinity checker from Hanna and their experiences with it. I've read some experiences online but I just wanted to see if anybody here had personal experience with it and their thoughts? I have the phosphate one and it is on the spot, I've heard the Calcium is hit or miss sometimes, so I was curious about the alkalinity checker. TIA for any personal reviews.

-Ty

Hey Ty, the Hanna Alk checker is great. It is easy to use and very consistent. I have been really happy with the phosphate and alk checker. The calcium checker is a disaster. I hope they come up with a solution soon. It was $50.

Get the Alk checker!

Roland

I got mine in this week and have never been more pleased. I wish I had gotten it earlier. Before, I used the Salifert Alk test and I always had to do a little guessing as to the color change and reading.

Get it now!

The Alk checker works well if you are mindful of what you are doing and follow the directions. As Roland said dont wast the cash on the calcium checker :)err will if you want to waste some cash you can buy mine LOL its in the never to be used again junk box :)

I agree. Simple, fast and easy. I start my PO4 test and can get the Alk results in the time it takes the PO4 to give a result. Seems to be pretty close to my Elos Alk test as well when I've compared them head to head.

Wow, just got my Hanna Checker for alkalinity yesterday and that thing is awesome. Other than them sending me directions with the old powder reagent instructions on it instead of for the liquid reagent (which it came with), it's been perfect. I can't believe I've been messing with titrating and color charts for this long! Anybody with SPS should def own this and the phosphate checker!

On a side note, it was on the spot with my Red Sea Pro Kit for alkalinity, which I had suspicions of reading a bit low. Great news except I've suppressed my alkalinity thinking that the reading has been off.