Water and Salt NOW!!! Please...

Hey folks my tank decided to do a water change while I wasn't home. I've lost about 100 Gallons or slightly less

My sump and tank are empty? Meaning my wife attempted to fix and didn't use logic or her college degree.

I'm going to run to Aqua Dome and get a bucket of salt. I'm hoping they can help me out with some water not so expensive or else I'm looking at 35 cents a gallon from fiesta/HEB please text me as I'm out the door...Its looking prettty bad. Anyone who can spare salt or water please hmu 303-847-9500 4803A Teri Road, Austin Texas

Stephen when you read this can you spare some water tomorrow?

It appears the sump pump got clogged with Chaeto however when I got home both my tank and sump were empty (tank half) and my eheim return was in the tank (supposed to be in sump). My wife did call me at 3pm saying that the tank was about to overflow, I told her to fix the situation and unplug the sumps and returns and pumps? I've shown her the steps and situations before

IDK how it went from almost overflowing to both being empty? If one would have filled up and overflowed it would still be full. My sump should b.e overflowing. So the pumps were all running dry, I unplugged them so lets hope they are not paper weights.

I picked up a salt, 12 gallons of premixed.

My tank is okay at this time, and Kim is going to make me some water tonight. I'm not finding the pinkspot goby in the sump he or his body should have been in there and he's not on the floor. The weenie dogs could have ate him have to check the "Nest". :(

I can make R/O but my DI resin is running out ... So TDS is climbing from zero was 10 or so last week. I can make 150 gallons a day but only have storage for 50... Let me know.

Have about 20 made now of RO/DI. I also have 50 gallons of just RO no DI made that I use for my fresh water fish

I am in San Marcos though

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok i still have to ask you Drew. Where did a 100 gallons of water go?

I have 55 gallons of RO/Di water if you need it. I will be out most of the day today after 3 pm. I am in NE Austn off if Yager Lane. PM me if you need some. I also have some emergency Red Sea Pro Salt, about bucket full.

It got flooded, I'm still a little baffled myself. Upon questioning my wife it seems this could have been prevented or minimized and she didnt care or was lazy.

I left to work at 7 checked sump and main tank levels, everything was fine and ok the night before I had some problems arising from sump pump getting clogged even with pre filter

My wife went to volunteer at 11 and IDK what happened she stated that the sump looked like it was going to overflow, I told her what to do and even said if you dont know or your unsure disconnect everything.

She returned at 3 or so and said that that the main tank was less than half full and the sump was sump overflowing (32gallons) She then disconnected the Outs from the tank to sump and let the sump pump its 32 gallons back into the main tank)

(she didnt tell me anything but the tank is about to overflow (sump) at early afternoon not the part about losing half my water volume oh and you need to fix your water **** I'm tired of dealing with it. in the form of a text message.

I arrived home at 6 and the sump and pump were running dry the skimmer and mag12 pump were off (running dry) and tank was half empty Eheim was running empty. The water drained out onto the floor and into the garage due to badly leveled foundation. So the water is gone ppl, I need more. Thank you for all that helped and texted and offered. The only thing running in my tanks is the circ pumps/powerheads, the water is too low to turn the eheim on and my skimmer pump is dead...

That is terrible, sounds like the pump clogged, or died, then you had a siphon situation from your main tank into your sump. Do you have any anti siphon holes in the tank return lines?

Maybe this is just my opinion, but I'd have already gone to the fish store and bought water and salt by now. Good luck getting things filled back up

The best anti siphon is to place the out put very high. As high as possible. A siphon hole works but might clog and you wouldn't know. There a mathematical way to figure out exactly how much water will drain with this setup allowing you to leave room in your sump so it doesn't over flow the sump.

Incidentally, I use both high returns and anti siphon holes. Drew the holes are one hole in each return line above the water surface. In normal operation water spurts out of the holes, which doesn't matter. But if your pump dies, the water will siphon back into your sump until your return line outlet is out of the water. Unless you have a hole in each return line so that the siphon is immediately broken

• Like 1