lobophillia got stung!

ckyuv

i just came home and realized my blastos had fallen on my lobo, when i went to remove them the two corals were almost fused together! when i got them apart it looked like half my lobophilia had melted and its skeleton is showing!. is there anything i can do to save it? i just got it for 145 and its the coolest lookin thing i have i dont wana loose it

Oh man, that sucks. My two favorite corals. I don't have any advice, but I had something similar happen with a blasto. Can't remember what it fell into but it recovered well and didn't take too long. Obviously keep them apart, lol. Good luck!

Do a water change and run carbon. You have a lot of toxins in the water column. You may want to do an antiseptic dip, like coralRx on both corals.

There is a good chance it will rebound but if you see a brown jelly on it you may want to QT it, dip it every few days or at the very least remove the jelly by sucking it into a turkey baster.

Good luck!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1j0skf

• Like 1

hey thx bayou! i got coral rx today and dipped it, it had still receded a little more, hopefully it wont shrivel any more than it has. if the wounds make it to the mouth/corn hole/ what ever does that mean its gona die for sure?

so the coral has not recessed at all since the coralrx dip i did 4 days ago. i also dipped it again 2 days ago to hopefully help it out. today when i came home, the lobophelia had a brown goo on it that i sucked out with the feeding dropper like bayou said. I added 1 drop of lugols solution to my sump because this is what i was told by a co worker. is the brown goo a sign of healing or is this a bad sign? just wait it out?

It's not a good sign at all. Sounds like brown jelly disease. All you can do now is keep using the baster to get it off the coral and hope for the best. I have had a little success using an iodine dip on infected coral, but honestly, your coral probably won't make it. Brown jelly disease is very hard to stop once it gets started.

I'd not dip so much, could cause unneeded stress. I found this from a previous post by mframe who had the disease:

"Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

In the last three years I have lost three very large, previously very healthy torch colonies to brown jelly. Here's what I have learned:

• If you have other corals of the Euphyllia family or similar corals (frogspawn, hammers) - REMOVE THE INFECTED TORCH IMMEDIATELY. brown jelly is highly contagious and will wipe them all out.
  • When you remove the infected coral in order to either frag off the sick heads or to remove it as a whole, place a ziploc bag into the tank and cover the coral with it before trying to move it. Otherwise the jelly will drift off like mucous and land throughout your tank. You want to contain as much of it and remove it as possible.
  • Frag off any sick heads at the branch of the skeleton. Any heads that are "iffy" should go as well, it's not worth the risk. You can break the skeleton easy with a pair of wire cutters.
  • Do not put the healthy frags back into the same location in the tank. The original coral was made vulnerable either by too much or lack of flow, and the jelly is most likely still in the water column.
  • A small QT tank should be used just for the healthy heads and new salt water should be used in the tank versus using existing tank water.

I wish you the best. I have tried dipping with a variety of different projects, and the most success I had was with Lugol's solution."

Dave-

well i did another lugols dip today and added the vitamin c by kent to the tank. gouess its time for patience, i did a 50% water change and am running the refigium lights 24h, maby macro will do work