Bimmerzs 150G Cube Build

bimmerzs

Picked up a year old Marineland Deep Dimensions 150G cube(36"x36"x27") from a fellow ARC member. This will be in my apartment down here and I will be transfering content's from the temp 90G I have at my house in Wylie, I really need the 90G moved so I can get everything repaired from the 130G leak last year. I have had a ~80G holding "tank" setup for 5 months already and already have quite a bit of stuff down here already. I seasoned the water in the cube with waterchange water from the holding tank, as well as from the temp 90G. I slowly transitioned the main LR pieces from the 90G over the last 2 months and then used some Dr. Tim's bacteria. This build did not break any record's as my schedule has been very hectic, but I have it going so this is actually a reverse build thread I guess. emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Here's the original stand I had made but it was made with 1" steel tubing and 1" angle iron for the base. I was worried that it would not hold the weight and since I had it made by someone near Wylie, the logistic's of bringing it back up from Austin and coordinating a quick turn-around was not gonna happen so I found someone in Austin that build me another stand. I may have over-reacted as the original stand seems pretty dang sturdy but oh well.

_DSC4755.jpg

Cheers,

Using all of the equipment that was running the 130G and now the temp 90G, the 150G will be the sole tank along with a frag tank or two. grin.png

Equipment list:

(1 )Vertex / Royal Exclusiv Alpha Cone 200 Protein Skimmer

(2) Vortech MP40w ES

(2) Vortech MP10w ES

(1) Dual battery backup unit for 2 vortech's

(1) Coralife turbo sea 580P return pump

(1) Custom built 100+ LED light system (7 different leds)

(7) Meanwell dimmable driver's

(1) 39G sump

(1) Apex (full) controller with 3 EB8's

(1) UPS for Apex backup power

(2) 20 ml/min Dosing pumps (also have a profilux doser)

(1) Midwest aquatic's Sulfur Denitrator

(1) Auto water change setup using peristaltic pumps used in laundrymat application's

(1) Level Loc Aquarium Auto Top off unit

(1) Ozone reactor

(1) UV unit

***** Possibly downgrading from 1/3hp chiller to a 1/10hp chiller

Cheers,

I have a LED setup I'm working on (really need to get that done), rechecked my led stock and I have cool whites, neutral whites, warm white, blue, royal blue, green, violet, deep red and turquoise so far. I plan on having a "full" spectrum available and have plan's to add a couple of the coral plus t5's if necessary. Coral's utilizes light from the 400nm to 700nm wavelength's, using blue and white led's only, cut's out a lot of needed spectrum's that coral's require which is why you see the more exotic color's being integrated in the newer fixture such as the maxspect's, radion's etc.

I'm going to utilize some track lighting in my apartment for temporary lighting so I picked up a couple of deep penetrating PAR38 bulb's so I can at least get light on the tank and start moving coral's over. I have one each of the white and blue/white PAR38 bulb's. I really need to finish my LED build.

001-8.jpg

Cheers,

Almost got my aquascaping down. grin.png Plumbing finally pretty much finished, a few things to finish out. I'm filling the overflows with ro/di right now so I can check for leaks....looking good so far then will pull the durso, let it drain and and mix with the water I'm mixing down there. punk.gif

Front:

_DSC5278.jpg

Side:

_DSC5280.jpg

I have the temp PAR 38 bulb's over the tank so moved a couple of coral's over for a couple of day's and monitored for their reaction. After everything looked good, I moved over a few more item's. My aussie crown leather is still not happy yet but it usually takes about a week or so for it to get used to any changes. Still will be playing around with the aquascape, I relocated some pieces of LR to the sump as I have 2 more pieces of LR to transfer from the 90G temp tank thats running in Wylie.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk3/bimmerzs/_DSC5343.jpg[/img

Yeah I know what you mean about "schedule".grin.png I chose not to drive up to Dallas this week, so I have 4 whole day's of just working on the cuberock.gif I reworked my plumbing, relocating the manifold so that it is in a higher profile area. Also got the carbon online finally with the TLF 550 reactor.

_DSC5599.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived