Bulb change question...

Mel in Elgin

post-1741-0-79721800-1335376247_thumb.jpI have a Brushed aluminum metal halide HQI pendant with 150watt 14K HQI lamp made by Current-USA that is in desperate need of a new bulb... Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to open it to get to the bulb. Anyone have any experience with this light????

Thanks,

Mel

Yes, that's the Solana disco ball fixture I have. If yours is like mine, there is a glass piece in a frame on the bottom of the light. You take a flathead screwdriver and just slowly pry it out (friction fit with 3 clips).

Once it's out you can remove the bulb using a towel or cloth (don't touch the bulb directly).

Haha, at first I thought you posted the wrong picture and threw one up of the family by accident. doh.gif

LOL...I hoped that ya'll would realize that was the light in the background... I couldn't believe in my hundreds of tank photos I didn't have a pic of the tank with the light.... grin.png

bc of your fingerprint oils on the bulb right Mike?

Correct. The oils on the bulb burn hotter than the clean areas and will cause the bulbs to crack when hot.

Thanks for the heads up on this. After I installed the bulb I wiped it clean (I hope)... I didn't realize the bulb would crack. Maybe I'll open it back up tomorrow and make sure it's completely print free.

Archived