RBTA split - I do enjoy experimentation

FarmerTy

I got this awesome RBTA from Reeflover after he shut down his 120-gallon tank. The RBTA is a gorgeous bright red color with a dark, almost purple base (you can barely see the purple but unique enough for me to mention). The thing is, it was 12" diameter and took up a large section of my tank.

Reeflover mentioned several different methods he tried to tick off the RBTA so it would split and I thought to myself, it would be great to have it split since one large one is just a little too much in my 125-gallon.

One used Koralia 4 later (thanks Phamily) and viola, I've been informed by my girlfriend that my increased flow (aka blasting) at the RBTA has resulted in it splitting, possibility multiple times as she describes though hopefully a picture will follow later tonight.

I'm a daddy! rock.gif

I was afraid of the damage a 12" anemone would do if it decided to walk. It already killed my baby strawberry shortcake frag and was this close to killing my Steve Elias teal stag but it survived. This was just one day of sweeping tentacles. Didn't know it could happen that quickly.

I was afraid of the damage a 12" anemone would do if it decided to walk. It already killed my baby strawberry shortcake frag and was this close to killing my Steve Elias teal stag but it survived. This was just one day of sweeping tentacles. Didn't know it could happen that quickly.

Well there's always that. Mine killed all sorts of corals on its walk from the left side to the right, then jumped into the powerhead. But she's made quite a comeback. Never split though.

That's awesome. Mine is getting pretty huge too. Kind of hoping for a split too. On the other hand it is pretty awesome. Done some damage to a few of my corals as well. Moved everything that was even close to it's reach.

Ty!

Don't worry about the nem will be moving, this specific nem don't like to move as i hav been experiment all my 6 splits for the last 4 years I keep them. Each of them moved just to give them enough space at least that was in my tank other than that they were stayed put and happy. When the tentacles sweep back and forth dues to they getting bigger, I just moved my sps. Sorry about your strawberry shortcake. I can buy you new strawberry shortcake from HEB., lol just kidding. btw awesome pics

i to got one of his babies awhile back and mine is as big as yours as well. It stays front and center in my 200G and looks awesome. I quit feeding it cause i thought it was gonna split and didnt want that right now. Ill post a pic in my build thread tonight.

Sweet, I'd be interested to see it Offroadodge.

10gReef, sorry I haven't decided if I was going to sell it yet. And if I do, currently I already have a buyer. Thanks for the interest. If it splits again, I'll let you know!