Ok since Im tired of pulling my hair out, Im going to break this down as simple as possible. I got my connection back after doing a factory default reset on the router. Ive got the apex running on a wireless gaming adapter(wnce2001). Below are my settings and let me know if they are set properly.

My router ip is 192.168.0.1

DHCP range of the router is 192.168.0.10-.29

Subnet 255.255.255.0

In the wireless gaming adapter

IP: 192.168.0.30

gateway: 192.168.0.1

subnet 255.255.255.0

In the APEX:

IP: 192.168.0.31

gateway: 192.168.0.30

subnet: 255.255.255.0

If I set the gateway in the apex to my routers IP address it connects but is a shaky connection. With the gateway in the apex set to the wireless gaming adapters IP it connects solid but is slower. My question is, in my router ip status review screen, it shows the mac address of the wirless gaming adapter but with the IP of the apex. It DOES NOT show the ip of the wireless gaming adapter at all anywhere. Is this right? Please shoot holes in it so I can get this set up right. Ive gone through the unofficial guide and unless Im missing something It seems to be right.

what kind of gaming adapter are you using? what kind of router?

i'm not sure if i am saying this right or maybe not understanding what you've done exactly but

all i did was connect the wireless adapter to the router. didnt change anything else on the gateway's or anything

i use the netgear universal wireless internet adapter to bridge it and i have a linksys router. never had an issue.

but if you want to controll your apex through phone/app you will need to know a different IP. you get it from going to

whatismyip.com and it tells you the IP to put into the app/phone.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here, but maybe wizard is right. I was under the impression that for a gaming adapter *all* you had to do was provide the l/p for the router, and it just seamlessly connected to the network. Maybe you're overthinking this. Is it possible to reset the gaming adapter and *only* input the wireless network login and pass and see what happens?

Yeah Ive been able to access it since I did a default restore on the router. Something went haywire with the IP tables on it and was blocking all inbound/outbound traffic from the apex. I changed its ip but still blocked. Think it was mac filtering. Weird, there were no computers in the mac filtering table but thats what it was acting like. Ive pretty much got everything except my float switches set up and my kalkwasser reactor still needs to be hooked up and programed into the outlet config. Going to do a water change this weekend and let it run on autopilot for a couple weeks and see how consistent it all is. Then I'll integrate the ATO on float switches and reactor in the mix for ATO as well. So far so good, crossing my fingers. Really hoping my green milli colors back up :(

Archived