Black Spots on Clowns

C Lo Slice

I have a pair of very healthy Ocellaris Clownfish that have been in the tank for a year this month. They were very small juveniles when I first got them from the Dome, and have grown substantially over the past year with an obvious male/female pairing taking place only a couple months after getting them. I noticed two TINY black spots on the female about a month or two ago and didn't think anything of it. I just took a close look again and have noticed more of the black spots only on the right side of her body, although they have all stayed extremely small. My male has gotten a couple of them, as well, also on the right side of his body.

Does anyone know anything about this? Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance,

Caleb

Not sure is this relates:

I had black spots on my yellow tang. After some research & talking with fellow reefers we thought it might be it's diet. I increased the amount of nori & over the course of time they went away. I have recommend this to others with the same issue & has been very sucessful. With that said clowns are omnivors so may they aren't eating the veggies.

Like I said, not sure it relates but could be something to think about.

Dave-

I agree with Mike, I have it on one of my clowns as well, b/c it goes between my RBTAs and a Torch in my tank... From everything I have read, it isn't something to worry about...

Mike - they are hosting in a GHA infested colony of Fairy Dust Palys. I didn't consider possible stings. They didnt have those spots until they decided to start living in there just a couple months ago.

Dave - I was feeding Hikari frozen foods for awhile and have since cut back to pellets to help with my GHA issue. The clowns are my only fish not interested in nori, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.

Mike - they are hosting in a GHA infested colony of Fairy Dust Palys. I didn't consider possible stings. They didnt have those spots until they decided to start living in there just a couple months ago.

Yeah, I remember reading about this with clowns hosting condylactis anemones and other non-native hosts.