Amphipods and Brine Shrimp

Max

I cleaned the glass of my refugium today and got a cool video of amphipods and brine shrimp . At one point an amphipod starts fanning it's swimmerets in what I believe was her releasing it's clutch.

Edited by Max

It's just recently that I've truely taken a notice of them. I've had some problems with algae in the fuge but I've been able to kill off most of it with my macro algae. Now that I've cleaned the acrylic I'm actually able to see them and have to say there awesome! I watched one of them repeatedly flick a 8" bristle worm and cause it to retreat.

After a closer look, I've concluded that what I thought was a pistol shrimp, is simply a very large Amphipod. I've seemed to have lost my former pistol shrimp, although I'm still not sure. I still hear clicking noises every once in awhile and I assumed that this was what I was hearing. Who knows maybe it still in there? At some point I'll have to get another, my goby seems to be missing a freind.