Grog's 33 Long Build

Grog

Mini update today. I will take some more pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to tear the tank down because we are remodelling. Fortunately, it will re-emerge as a larger tank in about 2 months. In the mean time I'm going to house the inhabitants in some of my other tanks and rubbermaid tubs. sad.png Going to suck but in the end it will be much cooler.

Already started moving some of the things out, but to give an idea of what kind of growth I've been getting in my tank here are some before and after shots.

Before:

This is from September 2012. Steel palys and Nuke green palys that I got from Hydro. I started with 5 heads of each from his main tank. The Steel palys are great corals I love 'em as they are very easy to care for and I love the way their tendrils wave in the current, they remind me of a shag carpet from the 70s.

post-2370-0-77880400-1362021927_thumb.jp

After:

Here they are today, Feb 2013. Quite a bit of expansion on the Steel palys, I counted over 60 heads last night. Nukes have grown but not nearly as much, census was 20 heads. Why? Purple Death and the Nukes both seem to grow slowly for me. I think the Steels have an unfair advantage over every other coral in the tank. This is the spot where I feed pellets to the fish. grin.png So,I think a pellet here and there drops on them and they get fed. Porcelain crab loves that little spot. (and yeah I know one polyp is closed. That one is still pissed from when I cleaned the glass about 5 minutes earlier....)

post-2370-0-70574000-1362022463_thumb.jp

These are my two best growing corals. Figured I'd share via this update. I will document my tear down and point this thread to another build thread once I begin the new tank. Working on the plans now. Every end is a new beginning. smile.png