Breeding Cherry Shrimp

FragIt

I am looking to get into breeding shrimp for my puffer and as a hobby. DOes anyone out there do this? If so do yall have info and resources? Also looking to get a breeding population started so would be willing to buy trade or take off your hands any extras swimming around. Thank you all!!!

I have bred them. It's pretty easy. You can do it in a fairly small tank. I used a lot of java moss and moderate lighting. Use a sponge filter on the intake of any suction, or use a air sponge filter. The fluval shrimp substrate or eco complete is really good for them. Don't breed as fast as you would think though. Not sure if you could get a large enough population to satisfy puffers.

I have ordered from here: http://www.epicfish.net/rcs/ He's on APC and sells them all the time.

I have a ceylon, lepoard, and figure eight puffer in a brackish tank. and if you have and salt in you tank throw some nerite snails in there bigger than your puffer can eat. and they will breed and be a good crunchy food supply for them. but untill they breed. i have had had fish stores selling me two small crayfish for the price of one. 1.50. hope it helps nick. call me if you have any questions. what type of puffers do you have?

I have a tank full right now that I've had for a while. Just give them plenty of hiding spots and get several adults to start your colony. Feed them and leave them alone and you will have tons in no time lol. My shrimp tank has some moss, a piece of dw, a sponge filter and a chunk of lava rock. Simple :-)

Also, if you are looking for a straight up food source, get some of those little nasty pond snails. They reproduce like the world's ending, and were always a favorite when I was keeping puffers.

Archived