Idea: ARC owned frag tank

ARC Frag Tank  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When you swap frags with someone, you are swapping frags with every person they have swapped frags with.

That's good stuff!

I bet at least 50% of the reefers who keep SPS in Austin have AEFW and don't even know it.

Kinda gotta disagree with this as AEFW's consume the acro until it starts to STN from the stress. These do not go unnoticed for long since they produce a lot of egg clusters, sps coral's would look pretty bad after a few months. AEFW's are extremely difficult to get rid of and can't be really done in-tank(there is a new treatment coming to the US soon), a one time dip will not get rid of AEFW's or even all redbug's. I've been in the hobby for a bit so I'm more selective now since I rarely add item's to the tank however, I would tend to buy from individual tank's over a community tank.

When you swap frags with someone, you are swapping frags with every person they have swapped frags with.

That's good stuff!

I bet at least 50% of the reefers who keep SPS in Austin have AEFW and don't even know it.

Kinda gotta disagree with this as AEFW's consume the acro until it starts to STN from the stress. These do not go unnoticed for long since they produce a lot of egg clusters, sps coral's would look pretty bad after a few months. AEFW's are extremely difficult to get rid of and can't be really done in-tank(there is a new treatment coming to the US soon), a one time dip will not get rid of AEFW's or even all redbug's. I've been in the hobby for a bit so I'm more selective now since I rarely add item's to the tank however, I would tend to buy from individual tank's over a community tank.

You're wrong! This is my old tank, by my estimates I had AEFW for at least 6 months. The few wrasses I had kept the AEFW in check. And yes they are hard to rid.

fishyfrag3.jpg

Archived