Picture of the Month Contest - January 2012

JamesL

It is a new year, so I thought it appropriate that the category for January is: Growth. Show us your best shots of growth in your tank.

This will be a unique month, in that that you are allowed to submit two photos. One of a "before" shot, and one of an "after" shot.

Since it is a new year, please note the new rules:

• Picture must be taken by you.
  • One entry per person.
  • Picture must be of saltwater aquatic growth of some kind (coral, invert, fish, full tank shot, etc).
  • (New) You may only win once per calendar year. Thus if you win a photo contest in 2012, you will not be able to enter any future contests for the year. We feel this gives everyone a chance in the contests throughout the year.

Submit your photos to the following gallery:

http://www.austinree...401-january-12/

Submissions close at midnight January 15th.

Winner receives a free 1 Year Premium Membership (or $30 off a Professional Membership) to ARC!

You might want to make that last rule that people can still enter, but not win. It would be a shame to miss out on seeing peoples cool photos just because they've won already.

We had talked about that, though there is a reason I worded it that way. People might be hesitant to enter a contest if they see a great looking picture. They have no easy way to know if that picture is a past winner or not. I figured this way, people would know that ll the pictures submitted are competing.

This of course does not prohibit past winners from posting their own pictures in a separate thread or gallery.

ok.. I guess I'll go first.. These photos aren't really taken with winning a photo contest in mind. They are only taken to show the growth of the coral.

This is a Galaxea Coral. The first photo was taken on the 25th of May of last year. The second photo is of the same coral and was taken today (8th Jan 2012).

galaxea%20before.jpg

galaxea%20after.jpg

• 3 weeks later...