macro

chatfouz

just finished putting up a dwarf seahorse tank with sand lights and filters. before i put in ponies does anyone have any sort of macro red green or brown they are about to throw out or extra live rock? i have no problem driving 60 miles for it. im in san marcos i do have some cash i am more than willing to pay. i just dont like what they sell at the local stores, it looks so unalive..

Edited by chatfouz

I've got some red too. I have heard LR and macro aren't a good idea with dwarf SH b/c of Aptasia. It will sting them and kill them. Everything I have read says a bubble filter, fake plants, and a water changes are the best reciepe. Talk to Andrew AKA Starfire. He had dwarfs for a while. Just letting you know what I have found through my research. If you haven't check out seahorse.org.

I've got some red too. I have heard LR and macro aren't a good idea with dwarf SH b/c of Aptasia. It will sting them and kill them. Everything I have read says a bubble filter, fake plants, and a water changes are the best reciepe. Talk to Andrew AKA Starfire. He had dwarfs for a while. Just letting you know what I have found through my research. If you haven't check out seahorse.org.

i appriciate the advice. i am an active member on seahorse.org. love it. have to admit it is a lot more fun here knowing the post do not come very far away.

Edited by chatfouz

I totally understand that. Those guys are SUPER knowledgeable over at SH.org. There is a guy there that will preform an autopsy on your seahorse if you over night it to him. I think that is creepy, strange, over the top, and amazing at the same time. I think their FAQs are a touch out of date. BTW we tried the hydroid treatment they suggest and it killed all the bristle worms, all of the snails, tons of coral, but NOT the hydroids!