Plumbing help

wa1tx

I have a 125g w/ 55ish sump. I have replumbed it twice trying to quiet it down. Unfortunately my efforts have failed. I am getting the flushing sound from the lines underneath. Is there anyone that is a rock star in plumbing tanks? I am willing to provide beer, materials and reasonable compensation to anyone that can quiet the tank down. Thanks.

Thanks Derrick.

Here are some pics.

Noise is coming from the left side, right behind the skimmer above where it dumps into the skimmer. I am getting lots of air into the sump from the overflows. I have tried different size holes on the Durso pipes. I built the Durso pipes using the plans from www.dursostandpipes.com. I would also like to start using filter socks.

post-1750-0-85048200-1324567949_thumb.jp

post-1750-0-32802600-1324567985_thumb.jp

I had the same problem. Played with the size of the holes in the durso....was a pain. I have an OEM style durso that came with my oceanic tank we could duplicate if you like. It has some holes in different places thats "supposed" to accommodate different flows since pump output would vary so much from tank to tank. On my 40c, I just said screw it and put a ball valve on the OF drain hose above the sump that way I could control/trim the flow volume into the sump to match the return pump output. This completely eliminated all my noise and micro bubbles as well. I used a 1" ID ball valve. My pump is a 1,500gph pump though...lil overkill.