There something grown.

aeroaustin

The stuffs has grown fast on the rock, I don't know what is it? look so ugly and how I can remove it out of the rock, the location is near the overflow box. There is easy to remove or difficult?

First I saw last few month, I didn't bother to check it out until today I saw how it big there are.

post-152-1187297167_thumb.jpg

That the green stuff in the center of rock.. other small green stuffs is not hair algae. Feel like wirebrush, New bulbs changes and sudden bloom!

Yellow Tang, will be nice but can be in 75 gallon tank?

I check google about Halimeda, that is not look alike to this one.. I will take a good picture when I done with charge the battery.

Edited by aeroaustin

Wow! Looks like a mutant hammer. I have never seen anything like it to be honest. :D

I know me too, First of thing I saw. Befroe the time there was small I don't pay attention until I saw Big one. I find other one too, behind the tank. I guess I have to pluncking it out like chicken! :)

Not kind of hair aglae but bright green aglae bloom, must be trigger by new bulbs I added to 6X54 watts from 4X54 watts.

Phosphate come 0 ppm. I added Phosguard with activite carbon. If these will help reduce.

Edited by aeroaustin

We have actually tried to grows this macro algae before and it didn't work. I would keep it.

I have Chaeto in my refuge and grow a big, I think I have to trim to small size to grow again, if you want some?

In main tank there is a little differnt. not alike macroaglae?

We have actually tried to grows this macro algae before and it didn't work. I would keep it.

Aeroaustin......sorry I don't know your 1st name....anyways that picture of the macroalgae is called "codium edule". Google it and try images. You will get several hits with pictures of it. Years ago we got a piece of rock with some and I wish I didn't remove it. It was getting pretty large and if I had use my common sense I would of place it in the refugium. Good Luck :)

-Cindy-

Thank Cindy, I find at google.

Codium edule limu wawae'iole (Chlorophyta)

Features:

Soft, spongy to touch

Forked branches

Dark green

Lies prostrate, frequently attached to substrate and rubble

Description: Fleshy, felt-like, dark green plants, 1-2 cm diameter. Soft, spongy to touch. Branches repeatedly forked. Branches lie prostrate and attach to anything on the substrate, forming mats incorporating bits of coral rubble, rocks and shells.

Habitat: Codium edule is common throughout the islands and is found intertidally to subtidally, 2-4 m deep, but most commonly subtidally.

C. edule is a popular edible seaweed sold in markets in Hawai`i. Its Hawaiian name means rat's foot, after the appearance of the thin, cylindrical branches.

So should put in the refuge?

Ronald

That the green stuff in the center of rock.. other small green stuffs is not hair algae. Feel like wirebrush, New bulbs changes and sudden bloom!Yellow Tang, will be nice but can be in 75 gallon tank?I check google about Halimeda, that is not look alike to this one.. I will take a good picture when I done with charge the battery.
I've got a beautiful tang in my 40 gal that's guaranteed to eat anything green. If you want it, it's yours!

• 1 month later...
Thank Cindy, I find at google.

Codium edule limu wawae'iole (Chlorophyta)

Features:

Soft, spongy to touch

Forked branches

Dark green

Lies prostrate, frequently attached to substrate and rubble

Description: Fleshy, felt-like, dark green plants, 1-2 cm diameter. Soft, spongy to touch. Branches repeatedly forked. Branches lie prostrate and attach to anything on the substrate, forming mats incorporating bits of coral rubble, rocks and shells.

Habitat: Codium edule is common throughout the islands and is found intertidally to subtidally, 2-4 m deep, but most commonly subtidally.

C. edule is a popular edible seaweed sold in markets in Hawai`i. Its Hawaiian name means rat's foot, after the appearance of the thin, cylindrical branches.

So should put in the refuge?

Ronald

Ronald,

Wondering how this macroalgea is doing. Have you been able to cultivate any? If you get a chance, I would love to have some to get it going in my refugium. Just let me know.

Thanks,

-Cindy-

Ronald,

Wondering how this macroalgea is doing. Have you been able to cultivate any? If you get a chance, I would love to have some to get it going in my refugium. Just let me know.

Thanks,

-Cindy-

what is macroalgea, you mean (Chlorophyta)? Chloryphta, I hasn't chance put in refuge, there still in 75 gallon. they growing big, I mean BIG... had lots of pods in the chloryphta. Also i need to trimming the chaeto too. oversize,

what is macroalgea, you mean (Chlorophyta)? Chloryphta, I hasn't chance put in refuge, there still in 75 gallon. they growing big, I mean BIG... had lots of pods in the chloryphta. Also i need to trimming the chaeto too. oversize,

Whenever you trim it....let me know, I'm interested in getting anything you don't want. I want some growing in my sump.

-Cindy-

• 6 months later...

I to have the same thing growing in my tank. After a long search online I think its called Codium edule. I am trying to find a way to get rid of it because of the looks. I keep removing it off the front the rocks in my tank but the back has quite a bit of it. Does anybody know of anything animal that eats it? I read that a some people want it to grow in their refugium. So if you want any let me know and I will be happy to part with as much as possible. Will be adding a pic of it in a day or two.