Auto Fish Feeder Suggestions?

C Lo Slice

Does anyone use these? My wife has decided that we will be spending nine flippin' days in Dallas over the Christmas holiday, and I'm sure my neighbors are growing tired of helping with the fish when we go out of town. Are there any feeders that allow for the use of frozen foods, or is it only for granular/flake foods? Any certain brand or model that you guys can suggest? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

I think for auto feeders, Eheim is the popular brand and you can only do dry foods in these. I know some seahorse keepers have figures out a way to automate the delivery of refrigerated foods (ie those suspended in liquid), but it involves dosing pumps and drilling through refrigerators and a pretty complex DIY project. Another option is to have a maintenance company come by a few times. It's great for peace of mind to have someone who knows what to do if disaster strikes looking in on your reef from time to time. Do you have fish that need daily feeding? We let ours go up to 3-4 days without feeding when necessary.

I WAS doing every three or four days, but have been feeding small amounts multiple times a day for the past month or so. I do have sinking pellets, but haven't fed those in some time. I have left them for 5 days without a feeding before, but since I've started feeding multiple times a day they're fat, happy, and healthy. I'd like to try and keep up their happiness. I'll look into some Eheim feeders. Thanks etannert

Aquatek (as well as others) recommended this Eheim feeder (see link below). It truly is reliable, but I only feed pellets. I would recommend using tape to secure the sliding feeding slot (you'll understand when you see it).

I used this unit on my tank for 17 days while I was on vacation over the summer.

http://www.eheim.com...day-Fish-Feeder