just a few corals

Aqua Girl

Well Im looking to sell a few things to help make a small dent in the cost of the new lights that I want.

I have two small rainbow ric mushrooms - each on their own rock - 10$ each

Purple and Green Brain coral - $40

I also have some fairy dust palys and I could frag a few if anyone is interested in that as well

Pickup saturday from 1-6pm - or I will be in north central Austin having my birthday lunch with a girlfriend around noon if you just want to meet me wherever we decide to go and I'll bring the frag with me- I understand not wanting to drive up north to Cedar Park- I hate it too.

-I will update later if there is anything else that Im willing to part with but these are just off the top of my head.

post-2064-0-91504000-1321546093_thumb.jp

post-2064-0-42040900-1321546185_thumb.jp

Edited by Aqua Girl

And if any of you think any of my prices are unfair for anything that Im selling now or in the future, please let me know, Im not the best at pricing things, I just try to look at what people have priced their stuff at in the past. I want to be fair, make friends, and not appear as if I'm a jerk :)

Found this info out about them with the same ones in the photos posted and the same as I have in my tank, Hope it helps :)

Scientific Name: Parazoanthus gracilis

Classification: Soft Coral

Common Names: Yellow Polyps

Description:

Yellow polyps are very distinctive. They are obviously yellow in color and have long thin stalks up to 1.5" long and long tentacles compared to most other polyps. The polyps are individual and do not connected in any way.

Care:

Hardiness: Yellow polyps are very hardy. They do seem to be one of the tastier soft corals and if there is something in the tank that might munch on the occasional coral, yellow polyps are frequently the first ones eaten.

Lighting: Can withstand most reef lighting schemes, but seems to do best under at least moderate lighting..

Water Current: Yellow polyps prefer low to moderate water motion.

Temperature: 76º to 84º F.

Aggressiveness: Very low.

Feeding: Yellow polyps are photosynthetic and do fine with no feeding, but occasional feeding of small meaty foods like brine shrimp is beneficial.

Supplements: No special requirement are noted. Normal acceptable water parameters seem to suite it just fine.

Tank Positioning: No special requirements other than keeping them out of forceful water flow. These specimens are usually placed near the bottom of the tank.

Propagation:: Yellow polyps will naturally propagate in the reef tank and the colony will tend to grow in size. Super Glue Gell can also be used for manual Propagation. Using a razor knife or simular detach the polyp at the base. Using alittle Super Glue Gel reattach to selected rock or structure..

Average Cost $15 - $40 small-large. Varies in location

brain and 1 ric sold

-I have a medium sized - what I believe is devils glove or some sort of leather- It started in my tank with smooth texture and emerald green in color but then turned tan in color and started growing polyps- (will upload pic tomorrow, camera needs charging) - maybe someone can explain the transformation phenomena that has occurred smile.png

$15

Edited by Aqua Girl