Leaking Bulkhead

Demodiki

Ahhh...the old leaking bulkhead problem. Iinstalled a two-piece sump underneath the tank and I can't get rid of these leaks. I have both pieces on apiece of that pink, spongy material you get at Lowes to make sure it's all even. I have the gasket on the opposite side of the nut. I hand tightened and then gave it a small turn with a wrench.

I did not use teflon tape and can but don't think that will really help. I can see an occasional drip between the panes of glass. I really need to get this together today because I am leaving for a week tomorrow on a business trip. I fear the wife may hold a fire sale in my absence if something is leaking!

Thanks so much!

If you cant find just the gaskets you might go buy some extra bulkheads for the gaskets then once your back order some new gaskets toss them back onto the bulkheads and return them. Easy way to get the gaskets immediately and not pay insane shipping.

OK so what I did was use the gasket from the extra bulkhead on the nut side and that worked a treat. No leaks! Nice work, Bio.

WOO! glad to hear the leak is fixed! Hope nothing else goes bad while your gone, even though I love a good fire sale!shifty.gif