Black Lion..help plz.

Lurker

I purchased a Black Volitan Lionfish about 2 weeks back, he is still in the QT tank (my fish sit in QT for a month before transferring them to their main tank). I've noticed a spot that started to form, it looks as if his skin is coming off...I can see the tan where the spots have formed. After 2 days these spots went from the size of barley noticable to the size of quaters...it started on one side and is now on both sides. After some research all I can come up with is Uronema Marinum as what he may be sick with. However I wanted to try and confirm and get the best idea's on treatment for him are.

I've enclosed a 2 pics, these pics are from 2 days ago (the spots have doubled in size).

(o this lion is an adult, very large).

med_gallery_319_15_624987.jpg

med_gallery_319_15_165582.jpg

I can't really tell from the pictures, but your verbal description sounds a lot more like a bacterial infection than a parasite, is he still eating? do you see any kind of worms or filaments leaving these spots where his skin seems to be coming off?

see if you can get a clearer picture of the affected area and I'm sure we'll be able to help you a lot more.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...