Rapid LED discount

Tommy

I have mention this to many of our member that building LED or in the process. But i figure i do it again on here since i thought this can help ARC member save a little bit of money not much but still help.

If anyone interesting in building LED and thinking about getting it from Mike with RapidLED if you mention my name he will give you a discount made not be much but little discount it is still help. Reason due to we have been friend for awhile. Again i do not get anything out from this but just a discount i can give to ARC members. By the way how can i become a member on here ? problemly not a good place to ask this but i thought i give it a try as well LOL.

Tell Mike Tommy from dallas and he will know.

thank you

Tommy

Tommy Thanks for passing your discount along to us! as far as becoming a member here you will have to purchase a membership through the store; However the store is currently down to be fixed and has been down for some time. I like you have wanted to get a membership because it gets discounts around austin fish stores. I'm hoping before 2012 they will get the store back up and running but I think the admin's are a little busy lately.

Can you recommend a setup for a 48" bowfront tank? I dont know squat about LED number e.g. par ect and would like to build something myself instead of just buying a fixture or using halides(too much heat) or T5's(no shimmer..). Anyone have a good link to a build thread thats detailed and possibly can "educate" us non-LED savy folks?

Can you recommend a setup for a 48" bowfront tank? I dont know squat about LED number e.g. par ect and would like to build something myself instead of just buying a fixture or using halides(too much heat) or T5's(no shimmer..). Anyone have a good link to a build thread thats detailed and possibly can "educate" us non-LED savy folks?

Derek - with a 48 bowfront i would just do from 36 inch - 40 inch heatsink. Now when it come to LED what do you intend to keep ? SPS , LPS or softie because it does make a big different in $$ . SPS i would Def go with 48 LED even thou you can get away with 36 LED but long run Once your SPS used to the LED you can turn it up higher with a dimmer ofcourse. How tall is this tank i'm guessing 24 inch height ? If you hang the fixture around 16 off the water you can go for a 60 degree optic but if you hang it little lower which i do not advice if you don't have a acrylic to cover the LED than you can go with 80 degree optic. The different is with 60 degree optic the LED will be more focus and 80 is more spread out.

Oh and don't worry about don't know how to do it. Because if my wife can do it iam sure you all should be able to. Not trying to make you feel bad, but want to show you how easy it is.

Edited by Tommy

Tommy Thanks for passing your discount along to us! as far as becoming a member here you will have to purchase a membership through the store; However the store is currently down to be fixed and has been down for some time. I like you have wanted to get a membership because it gets discounts around austin fish stores. I'm hoping before 2012 they will get the store back up and running but I think the admin's are a little busy lately.

No problem Biocude and as far as becoming a member i guess i can wait. Since i really don't ever used discount when i buy stuff from LFS just go in there see what i like and buy it. The reason why i ask is because i wanted to be part of this Club since i lived here instead of Dallas now. Plus i also trying to join Maast which i'm sure if i didn't ACE will hunt me down LOL. But ya always feel better when im a member instead of guest you know what i mean.