Fish options

polarbear

So I'm ready to add a new fish or two to my 90 gallon tank. Currently I have 2 clown fish, a fox face rabbit fish, a pajama cardinal, scotter blenny, pistol shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. Im interested in getting a orange spotted goby to help turn the sand bed. Is there a better goby for this? I'm looking for a fish that is active and one that doesn't nessessarly need to be quarantined since I don't have a quarantine tank. I was also thinking about getting some blue chromis for a small school.

What is your guys suggestions?

I love my Diamond gobie he is a woker bee and always cleaning the sand or digging a cave.

A word of warning they do jump and they do make a sand storm in your tank till the make a home they are happy with.

For an active fish I would say a Khol Tang is about as busy a fish as you will find and they eat diatoms as well as algae

I got a trio of blue chromis from someone off of ARC and am very happy with them. You can't go wrong with a yellow or blue tang but you might want to find one that has been in someone's tank for a while because they are susceptible to ich. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Any others?

I was wanting to get a powder blue tang. Which tangs are less prone to ich as far as not havering to worry about quarantineing them? I know any fish can get ich but which ones are less likely to get stressed to much?

My PB Tang has had very mild ich (but ich not the less) since I got it. He eats like a champ, doesnt seem stressed but still has ich. Im getting my QT tank ready now to treat all my fish. If you want a PB, look for one that is not skinny, eats at the LFS, doesnt seem stressed, and doesnt show signs of disease. Then TREAT IT in QT before adding it to your tank, no exceptions. It will develop ich, they are VERY prone.

I would encourage you to set up a QT. I'm quite fond of Royal Grammas, a group of three or four would be interactive and I like their habit of swimming with the bellies towards whatever surface they're close to so they are often upside down. A nice Purple Tang would be a show piece and is hardier than most of the Acanthurus sp. I've never been successfull long term (ie. a year or more) with any of the Chromis sp. except in really big tanks.