Help with an led build

AquaJohn

ok I am messing with building a led for a 28 nanoocube. Its 20 cree 10 rb 10white with 2 dimmable eln-60-48p drivers as a dimmer I have the rapidled ddc-01 pwn controller.

I am a bit confused does the ddc-01 controller hook to the led's or do the 48p drivers hook to the led strings ? Right now I have the controller hooked to the eln drivers then the drivers hooked to the led's. One driver on blue one on white. When I power on the drivers the led's light<oh my god im blind> so far I did the whites and blue at different times I have not ran both at the same time. But even with messing with the buttons on the controller the led's don't seem to dim.

I will admit that I rush things some times and need to read the controllers instuctions better but thought I would ask to make sure I was not going to blow up any more led's so far I am feeling good I only nuked one white.

I got confused when I went to reefcental and one of the build posts there show the controller not the eln dimmers hooked to the led strings and after that I figured 8 hours was enough for one day and I will work on it sat some more.

I lowered the output on the dimmers to min and I am not sure how to mesure how many miliamps or milivolts whatever they are called with the multi meter one post I read says you have to remove a led from the string and replace it with the multimeter I am trying to avoid that but if thats the only way then I guess its unsolder time lol.

That video was just one I found on the web explaing how to set the dimmer its not me. but ya I have not even had both the blue and white on at the same time and when you crank up the whites to full power dont even think of looking at them lol. Im guessing I will probly start at about 10-15% and slowly work my way up. The tank they are going on just has some pepperment shrimp in it for now i just reset it up.

Well its up and running woooot!!. as soon as I get time to set up photobucket again ill post a shot im very happy and with the 9 white 10 royal blue it looks very cool I would say close to the old aquatec display tank when it had 14K mh bulbs. It would have been 10 and 10 but its not a good thing to short a led they dont like it.