110gal shallow reef Volcano Rimless

Tommy

Hello everyone my name is Tommy and i was recently move here from Australia / Hawaii. I was original from Dallas , 2 week ago i just sign a contract here in Austin which i was able to move to Austin. I been in this hobby for almost 14 year and i am still learning. Living in Hawaii allow me to finishing my Master in Marine Bio which it is also my dream came true, but this Degree have nothing to do with my current Jobs, but more helpful for my hobby.Oh by the way i was original from Dallas which where i still have my 400gallon and 300gallon SPS inwall. But since due to my jobs. I have been tankless for almost 2 year, but now moving here allow me to start a small tank that i always dream about and experience. Also i would like to thank to some member on here that i have meet around this past 2 week, also helping me one step closer to getting another one of my dream came true.

This tank is

48 x 30 x 20 tall with three side starfire.

1260 Eheim return pump

40gal Breeder as a sump

SSS XP3000 for skimmer.

48 cree LED ofcourse.

Flow is 2x mp40es and a full side Tunze wavebox.

post-2158-0-24468800-1319751830_thumb.jp

Edited by Tommy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry iam in process of getting the light so no light or fish yet. The tank is pretty much empty with couple snail and crab in it. Oh and iam using my ceilling light so it is yellow.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-R8RTgSm2A?version=3&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-R8RTgSm2A?version=3&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-R8RTgSm2A?version=3&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sweet looking tank! Do you have it cycling right now? What are your plans for it?

Welcome to the club... Lots of good folks here!

Thank you yes i have the opportunity to meet with 2 member already i belived Chad and Nick they both are really nice and great.

As for the tank it is already cycle now i just needed to finish up my Led fixture so i can stock SPS again ......

cool just saw your video (you just post the url of the video page and it auto embeds it) like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZGrJtepHX0&feature=channel_video_title

Not worried about crabs etc jumping off the rocks onto your floor? smile.png

Edited by gordon12345

cool just saw your video (you just post the url of the video page and it auto embeds it) like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZGrJtepHX0&feature=channel_video_title

Not worried about crabs etc jumping off the rocks onto your floor? smile.png

Wow great Thank you very much. LOL oh yah i never really thought about that LOL, But nah i only got two emerald Grab and they pretty much just hang out on the bottom.

Fish i add including

1 Moorish Idol

1 Mystery wrasses

1 Melanous wrasses very mean keep picking on my mystery wrasses. Maybe i need to get rid of him soon

1 Flame angel

1pair of clown .

while we waiting for my LED light . Here is my 300gal inwall in dallas and my rimless 400gal

my 400gal

Tommy, the tank looks great. I really like the rock.

Can you take a video or picture from the end. I am contemplating a tank exactly the same size and want to see if the 30" width will be enough.

No problem i will as soon as i can.

Tommy, the tank looks great. I really like the rock.

Can you take a video or picture from the end. I am contemplating a tank exactly the same size and want to see if the 30" width will be enough.

No problem i will as soon as i can.

Here is couple shot of the tank. Sorry for the delaying

post-2158-0-56675600-1320706934_thumb.jp

post-2158-0-47458300-1320706949_thumb.jp

Cool idea. It will be interesting to see the long term out come of the water fall/valcano.

Yes i do agreed with you as well. Now i will try to take couple picture of a 1 - 2 inches frag and starting on my growing progress