Reefkeeper 2

GKarshens

You won't regret it. I got the original ReefKeeper and, of course 2 months later, they came out with the second version, which is clearly superior. I love my RK. The temperature control is outstanding, and the feed mode is a huge time saver. The 2nd version has several other outstanding features, and I can't believe you'd find anything simpler or more reliable for the money. In fact, I'm designing a 450 gallon tank for my office, and I plan on using the RKII for it. No confusing X10 modules to worry about - just plug and play!

Hey Mojo, what do you do and where is your office? I love to see nice tanks in public places. Mine is at my office too, and I love having it there, but my staff thinks I'm nuts with all the time I spend messing with it. I guess that's why you want to have the RK huh? You actually want to get work done at work?

A 450, that will be nice! Let us know when you get it going!

PeeperKeeper (guess you're an opthalmologist or optometrist?), I'm a pediatric surgeon. My new office building will be completed in February and it'll be located directly across from the new Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, which is where I'll work primarily. The tank will be in the reception area and the kids/parents will be able to view 3 sides. It should be spectacular, and I'll definitely update ARC on its progress. Sorry GK for the hijack, just answering the question.

I got my ReefKeeper 2 in today. This thing is awesome. It will do so much more than I am going to be using it for. For now I have it controlling all my lights, my heater, and my fan. I also set it up so that all the lighting is staggered. Here is the schedule:

8:30am Actinics come on.

10:00am right Metal Halide on

11:00am center MH on

12:00pm left MH on

8:00pm right MH off

9:00pm center MH off

10:00pm left MH off

11:00pm actinics off and moon lights on.

1:00am moon lights off.

Here is a pic of the display:

IMAGE243.jpg

It does come with a data cable to hook up to the computer, but I am not sure about graphs. I think it is mainly for downloading updated software. Also if you have it hooked up you can log in and make changes remotely.