How do I glue things down?

KarenM

Every evening I have to go hunting for my 3 zoo frags, one of my mushrooms, and some cute pink flower thingy Kat at Horizon sold me because my snails knock them down and move them around. I'm ready to glue them down!

Exactly how do I do this? Which type of glue, and I'm assuming i'll need to take both the frag and the rock out to glue them. How long before I can put them back in the tank? This is non-toxic to all tank animals, right?

I suggest using super glue gel for the zoos. Take the zoos out, then apply a small blob to the bottom then carefully reach in the tank and press them to the rock of your choice. Wear glasses and or gloves if you have them, as zoos can be highly poisonous. For the mushroom, simply rubber band it to the rock. It will look funny for a few days, but it will attach itself to the rock at which point you can remove the rubber band. I'm not sure what the cute pink flowery thing is, but the super glue gel / rubber band will probably work for it too.

HTH

I suggest using super glue gel for the zoos. Take the zoos out, then apply a small blob to the bottom then carefully reach in the tank and press them to the rock of your choice. Wear glasses and or gloves if you have them, as zoos can be highly poisonous. For the mushroom, simply rubber band it to the rock. It will look funny for a few days, but it will attach itself to the rock at which point you can remove the rubber band. I'm not sure what the cute pink flowery thing is, but the super glue gel / rubber band will probably work for it too. HTH
Zoos are poisonous? Wow. I had no idea. I handle them all the time. Maybe I'm using the wrong name? Ok, I'll pick up some super glue gel this afternoon. THanks!
Just a guess on the cute flowery thing, it might be clove polyps like these:ClovePolyps_med.jpgIf so, then I super glue gel (like Andrew said) should work fine. Mine started spreading quickly.
I have some of these, I think. But the pink flower thing is more of a hard coral. A small pink flower-shaped tip with yellow things in the middle that come out at night. :)

Zoos are poisonous? Wow. I had no idea. I handle them all the time. Maybe I'm using the wrong name? Ok, I'll pick up some super glue gel this afternoon. THanks!I have some of these, I think. But the pink flower thing is more of a hard coral. A small pink flower-shaped tip with yellow things in the middle that come out at night. :)

Some zoas are poisonous, most the Paly's (they have Palytoxins :) ). The poison is if you inject it, so don't go eating your corals ;) , and make sure to wash your hands afterwards.

Hmm... not sure about the pink thing then. Pictures are in order!

Hmm.... lots of glue....let it get tacky.....use a small hole in the rock......don't eat it. OK, I think I can handle it! I'll try and get some pics of the pink flower thingy. And it might be "eating day" for my sea apple. I've been wanting to post a pick of that,too.

Get the gel at the dollar store. . .

We apply it to the frag, then quicly dip in the tank to form a thin skin. Then we just place it where we want it, give it a slight twist with a little pressure. Hold there for about 15 seconds and we're done. You now have a snail/hermit crab proof mounting! :)