lighting question

calhounfamily

Hello all i just upsized tank from 70 breeder to neo 90 show and got new lights.i told the place that i bought it what i want to keep in it..the tank is 36 by 24 by 25 the lighting is two 36 inch t5 retro kits 4 bulbs total and a marineland double bright led light fixture with 1200 lumens..what corals can i keep?? Please help dont want to kill anything!!! Thanks chris calhoun and family

• 2 weeks later...

I would want to know the wattage of the bulbs also? ASSUMING they are 39 watt bulbs you shouldn't have a problem with Discoma spp mushrooms and the majority of the brown colored leather corals and SOME of the zoas/palys. There are stoney corals that will do ok also but I suspect you would have problems finding specimens that will keep their colors. You definitely want to talk to whoever you get your animals from and make sure what you're getting was grown under similar lights. With regards to the Marineland Double Bright LED fixture it's really not a very bright fixture. The Marineland Reef Bright is roughly four times brighter and would be ok on a shallower tank but for a 90 there are definitely much better LED fixtures to use.

Archived