Discuss

My guess is the first pic was taken with a flash. A very nice RBA picture.

I love the touch up Gabriel! Some people would argue that adjusting the white balance on a photo is misrepresenting the actual item, but my opinion is the exact opposite. Removing the glare and cleaning up the background really make the coral colors pop.

Some great pictures.

I know that pictures of aquariums rarely look exactly like they do in person. I think photoshoping a picture is fine if it makes it more realistic. I don't like photoshop when picture "enhancing" is taken too far. Just look at the cover of the JBJ nanocube box.Nano-Cube-12-gallon1.jpg

Yeah I think three clarki clowns and giant coral are the perfect thing for a 12G tank. BTW you only need like uh...5ish pounds of live rock. The six bioballs in the back take care of the rest.

Very cool! I'm soooo jealous.

I am debating between the 40 or the 80. We will be making a purchase for our Hawaiian trip. A friend of mine has the 80. What helped you in your decision?

I have owned Nikons all of my photographic life along with an Mamiya RB67. I really loved the old camera, have 2 FTN’s (I use one for parts). I guess I stick with my little Canon for now. :D

Gabe, how about a class on Photoshop! :o

All I did was use levels and contrast to make it look more like it would in person. I then used the clone stamp to remove the reflection of the window in the background.

Also I would go with the D 80 if you can afford it. The 40 is a great camera but it is missing some of the servos that allow older Nikon auto focus lenses to work with it.