Anyone ever sell their pictures?

JamesL

Has anyone here ever dealt with a publisher in selling pictures?

I have one interested in some of mine, but I have a question about some things they want. I kinda want to ask it off-line, as I don't want to start a debate :unsure:

Some photos of mine were published in "The Encyclopedia of Exotic Tropical Fishes for Freshwater" by Axelrod and Scott a couple years ago. I received a signed copy of the book thanking me for my contributions to the book but that was all.

Edited by ReeferKris

Some photos of mine were published in "The Encyclopedia of Exotic Tropical Fishes for Freshwater" by Axelrod and Smith a couple years ago. I received a signed copy of the book thanking me for my contributions to the book but that was all.

Hey, I wonder if I have that book, the title sounds really familiar... (just looked on Amazon, not the one I was thinking of...)

They did offer a copy of the book, or cold hard cash. Since the cash exceeded the cost of the book, I am taking the money. I was just concerned about some identification copies they wanted, but it boiled down to stuff needed for tax purposes.

Thanks!

I think they offered me 100.00 or the book and since I had studied the particular fish for so long, I wanted a signed copy to show my children and grandchildren one day that I was a true fish dork...LOL. Congrats and which publication if you can say?

This is the book I am talking about

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3DRnB%26sa%3DN

Edited by ReeferKris

I think they offered me 100.00 or the book and since I had studied the particular fish for so long, I wanted a signed copy to show my children and grandchildren one day that I was a true fish dork...LOL. Congrats and which publication if you can say?

It is a book about nano-reefs.... not sure of the name.