what paint to use

pgatour

On my DIY Canopy, I painted 6 layers of hi-gloss outdoor white paint( just some cheap kind) all over it. Then painted the out side with just indoor wall paint. Keep in mind I don't have much splashing in a 10 gallon. The hi-gloss holds water out of the wood.

I know people won't like that its not " aquarium paint " I have not had any problems with mine.

Hope that helps at all. : P

Patrick.

Exterior latex would be my choice but it is a bit harder to clean up and work with. High gloss acrylic would be my second. Go down to Lowes or Home Depot and you'll find a shelf in the paint department where they sell paint that they mixed and couldn't sell (color was wrong, person didn't pick it up, etc.) You can get that stuff for a song if you're not too picky about the color. Another solid option is Krylon gloss spray paint - cheap and easy to work with.

Go down to Lowes or Home Depot and you'll find a shelf in the paint department where they sell paint that they mixed and couldn't sell (color was wrong, person didn't pick it up, etc.) You can get that stuff for a song if you're not too picky about the color.

Yep... former Home Depot employee here. Ask the associate in paint for their "Oops Paint." It's usually like $1.60 or something like that, if I remember correctly.