New to the hobby

sharkbait33

I'm new to the hobby and am looking for a nice starter size aquarium. I already have a couple fish and corals in mind that I would like to eventually get, and I know the bigger the better (as far as maintaing a steady salinity). So if anyone has any aquariums for sell or knows of someone that has some for sell, let me know!

Thank you,

Sarah

sharkbait? like off of FINDING NEMO? love that nameanyways i second KarenM search on craigslist to see what pops up and maybe youll get lucky. people are always trying to get rid of good stuff just cause they need to.if ya find anything and need help moving shoot me a pm!also what fish and corals do you plan on keeping. that will also help determine a good size tank needed for your aquatic life :unsure::wacko:

Thanks guys! Ive been checking craigs religiously now :)

and to the Marine...yes, like off FINDING NEMO :D Which is prob my FAVORITE movie! Have you seen it? I really like the fish in that movie, so I'm hoping to get maybe a royal gramma, a moorish idol, maybe a porcupine puffer, a couple Nemo's and of course a Dori ;) Maybe an eel or a shark's egg too. Havent quite decided on corals yet, because its either a porcupine puffer or corals :/ Very VERY hard decision for me...

Thank you for offering to help w/the move. I'll most DEF take you up on that offer, I'll need a strong Marine to help me out :blush::lol:

Thanks guys! Ive been checking craigs religiously now :)

and to the Marine...yes, like off FINDING NEMO :D Which is prob my FAVORITE movie! Have you seen it? I really like the fish in that movie, so I'm hoping to get maybe a royal gramma, a moorish idol, maybe a porcupine puffer, a couple Nemo's and of course a Dori ;) Maybe an eel or a shark's egg too. Havent quite decided on corals yet, because its either a porcupine puffer or corals :/ Very VERY hard decision for me...

Thank you for offering to help w/the move. I'll most DEF take you up on that offer, I'll need a strong Marine to help me out :blush::lol:

I'll have a 30g (kept freshwater fish in (black ghost knife) that I will be most likely giving away in the next 2 weeks. If I don't give up the 30g I have a 20 long I will give away...let me know if you would be interested in them. (you could allways use em for a DIY sump/fuge or hospital tank) :-)

Edited by Lurker

You definitely need to do some research on a few off your desired fish. The Regal (Dori) Tang, Moorish Idol, Puffer, and especially the shark all need VERY large tanks. There are also many other concerns with some of those fish. MI are usually hard to get to eat in captivity. Just read as much as possible on each fish before making a purchase. It would be a shame to spend all the money and lose them, not to mention we all hate killing fish. Hope that helps.

You definitely need to do some research on a few off your desired fish. The Regal (Dori) Tang, Moorish Idol, Puffer, and especially the shark all need VERY large tanks. There are also many other concerns with some of those fish. MI are usually hard to get to eat in captivity. Just read as much as possible on each fish before making a purchase. It would be a shame to spend all the money and lose them, not to mention we all hate killing fish. Hope that helps.

I'll ditto this! I got my 40 gal tall based on space/finances and planned on going cichlid. I just liked the shape and it's perfect where I put it. Then I decided to go SW. I took the advice of only one LFS and charged ahead with it. Only after I'd already set it up and had my rock, cleaner crew, etc. going did I realize that it's way too small for any of the "cool" fish my daughter and I wanted. After a couple of months of research and asking on several different sites (and making some wrong purchases) I finally found the best 3 fish for us. The best advice I can give you is get a plan. Make a list of the fish you want to keep in order of their importance to you. Then research to see if your first choice will get along with your second choice, etc.

I am moving all my stuff from a 46 gal bow front to a 100 gal if you are interested in buying it. It comes with a black stand and regular tank top. There is a light as well, but the bulbs need replacing. I also have a Fluval 304 filter for $25...needs a motor cap and motor seal ring (maybe $10 total at www.petsolutions.com) and of course new media. Was hoping to get $150 for the tank. The 46 gal has a Fluval 304 on it right now and has been doing great. I'll be using two of them for the 100 gal until I know more about refugiums and all that fun stuff. I'm pretty new also and started with an 18 gallon one (for sale on CL). It only lasted a week before I upgraded LOL.

Dena

698-7192

• 5 weeks later...
I'm new to the hobby and am looking for a nice starter size aquarium. I already have a couple fish and corals in mind that I would like to eventually get, and I know the bigger the better (as far as maintaing a steady salinity). So if anyone has any aquariums for sell or knows of someone that has some for sell, let me know! Thank you, Sarah
this was posted in July so i do not know if you have got setup or not but i was thinking about selling my 75 gallon fully setup tank. has mushrooms, xenia, several torch corals, 1 of them is very large,lots of fish ect.....Thanks Kenny