Clownfish babies

FarmerTy

Hey Reefers,

So I bought two little fishes, literally, two baby percula clowns that are now about 1/2" to 3/4" now. They are still tiny and seem even tinier in my 125 gallon. I currently have them in a breeder's box on the side of the tank.

My current fish population consists of a 6" desjardini sailfin tang, a 5" blue hippo tang, a 4" yellow tang, a 4" exquisite fairy wrasse, and 3 blue/green chromis'.

Do you think I can introduce the little babies to the main tank? Do you think any of the fish will harm the clowns? Both of them escaped on separate occasions before and I have managed to find and net them and put them back in the breeder box.

My only concern is one of the larger fishes getting a little rough with them. Wouldn't take but just a quick nip to kill one. The other fear I have is that they would not be able to compete for food. It's like they're prop planes competing against jets for food.

LMK what you think.

-Ty

Maybe, maybe not hmm.png Seeing how much damage tangs can do to each other when they want if somebody decides the clowns are invading their space they're pretty much toast at that size. It's really going to be a judgement call on your part based on what you think the temperaments of your fish are.

Well how big is the BTA and if you can try and releas the clowns as close to the anemone as possible and they are more likely to swim in the anemone and, I would let them go on a day that your able to watch the tank to see if they get picked on. If they are put them back into the breeding box and let them grow a bit, they will grow fast once domincy has taken place.