Old Austin Aquariums

I was at the old Austin Aquariums today and they had a black tang that was about 6 inches or so, and a crosshatch trigger(?) that was maybe 8 inches. I remember the tang being quite pricey but can't remember the exact amount. On the other hand, the trigger (B-E-A-U-TIFUL fish!) was marked for 700 dollars!? I was just wondering how rare these fish are and where they originate from?

Where is Austin Aquariums? I would love to check it out.

7756 Northcross Dr.

Austin, TX 78757

They are not called Austin Aquariums anymore. I think they got bought out, and lst time I was up there, they didn't have a sign up on the building (but that was when we had the last meeting, so there might be a new name/sign now).

Where is Austin Aquariums? I would love to check it out.

Sean, it's back behind Northcross Mall. It's really hard to find the first time, and I was looking when they actually had a sign. Hopefully the new owners will invest in some advertising because it's not a good location, but it's a beautiful store.

Speaking of the new owners and advertising, where are they? Has anyone told them about ARC? This would be the best place for them to start.

• 5 weeks later...
I was at the old Austin Aquariums today and they had a black tang that was about 6 inches or so

Black tangs are really something special. I've only seen one that we brought in on a special order. I remember thinking (while looking at the paperwork) Black tang huh? Sounds dull wow was I wrong. That fish was easily 9 inches long and about has thick as my wrist (from the side). That one had a really predominate bluish teal line running down his spine that faded into very soft looking black scales. Really striking fish to behold. They are very hard to find in the lists. I'd jump on it while you can. :D

-Kat :doh: