Show piece 8" diameter hollywood stunner chalice

caferacermike

I need your help in removing this very large show piece from my tnak. Indeed it has grown far to large for me. It has overgrown several of my smaller pieces, shading and stinging them into a skeletal submission. I guarantee the 8" is not a misrepresentation, nor an exaggeration as I placed a tape measure within the tnak to check it. Currently it appears to only be supported by about a 1/4" stem on a rock. I grew this from a single eye that Stoneroller accidentally bumped from his mother colony while making frags. I swear it was no larger than the drop of glue I used to place it with. If I can recall correctly this piece has been growing for about 2 years now. If you have a large tnak this coral can instantly be your centerpiece. If you look closely at the pictures you will see the single eye that I started with right in the center of the coral. I am extremely proud of the very concentric patterns of growth. Online prices vary from about $30-90 an inch square. Shipping on a coral like this would be very expensive and online retailers like selling high volumes of small frags, hence it is difficult to find show pieces. I would guess online would be about $350 for the piece and about $80 shipping.

I'm asking $300 but I will entertain offers. No swaps or trades today. Sorry. I have 8 heavily grown out frags that are just waiting for the real estate as it is. I will toss in a few yellow paly's for you and maybe a PPE. There is another piece that I bought about a year and a half ago. It was sold to me as a northern lights chalice, I can't tell the difference. It is about 4"x3". I'll let it go for $75 just to make room in the tnak.

I have lots and lots of yellow paly's to thin out. Clumps of 5-10 for $15? Also on the fraggable list are genuine PPE, Kryptonite candy canes, warp speed montipora, and some Elk Horn coral. I will also consider selling my extremely large double plated scroll coral. The scroll would be a bit difficult to remove so we would need to figure out a plan. I might even give up a 6" pagoda cup coral since some of the yellow paly's and duncans have been stinging the edges of the pagoda. Basically my tank is overgrown and I've got to start making room in there for others to grow out. I'm not one to frag as I like my corals big, now that they are big, changes are necessary.

Here are some pictures of the show piece, and the paly's. There is a complete tnak shot so you can see the environment they are growing in.

*Warning* This is my disclaimer. I have not done a water change in about a year and a half. I have not run a skimmer in about 8 months. I have been using untreated and unfiltered tap water for about 7 months. There are no creepy crawlies anywhere within my tnak. I am very happy with the success of the tnak over the last year and a half and you will be to.

003-5.jpg

004-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

016-1.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-7.jpg

025-1.jpg

Wow, Mike that is very impressive. As I recall, the stunner and my hot pink chalice were attached to a rock and the stunner outgunned the pink. To save it, I snapped off the stunner the best I could. When you came by, there was a little tab left on the rock and I popped it off for ya. My mother stunner is no where near the size of yours as I have it stored in a shadowy recess far from others; I just sent a nice piece home with InlandReef. This chalice will grow very fast in high light conditions and does just fine in low light.

I've had some interest but no follow through. It is getting closer and closer to laying down on the rock work, when that happens we won't be able to remove it as easily as we can now. It just laid down an entire rim of new eyes since the last post. So about 60 more eyes just appeared.

Come on folks, normally you all jump at a chance to spend $100 an eye on a chalice. This one has about 1,000 eyes, so hey that's about 30 cents an eye. You can't beat a deal like that. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to brag at their friends that they got a show piece discounted $99.70 per eye?

Ok I'm going to beat that even. Since I just really need this coral to go away I'm going to lower the price to $250. You know in your heart of hearts that you'd be paying that much for a piece a quarter the size of this one at the local shops and you'd have to beg for it from the Tek's main display. Also I will entertain your best offers in PM's.

Get it before my hammer comes out and smashy smashy.

This chalice is BEAUTIFUL!

He turned down my offer of $100, so I ended up just buying the smaller chalice, which is just as good looking. This showpiece is a bargain at $300 and a steal at the $250 price. I wish I had the space and the RobbMoney™ to get it.

Its color is as vibrant as the pictures without any actinic lights that I saw, just metal halides. I cant imagine what it would look like in someones (MY) tank with some decent actinics or LED's.

Someone please take this thing as a centerpiece to their tank before Mike smashes it.