New Animal Planet TV Show.. Tanked..

Jakedoza

• 1 month later...

I didn't care much for it either.. There isn't much about the fish at all or how to actually set things up properly as far as equipment and such... Also did not like the fact that they do not use real coral, these are essentially fish only tanks.

They really don't seem to know much about the fish, either. Did you see the way they were messing with that puffer? That's not healthy. We've been watching the episodes, but I've definitely been disappointed. Still pretty cool to see some of those setups, though.

Ugh. That show was disappointing. The puffer thing pissed me off. Americans love big dumb guys who you can have a beer with.

However, I'm looking forward to this:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/05/7268111-a-new-cosmos-will-be-on-tv

Might as well watch this while you're at it:

I haven't seen it yet, but based on y'alls comments I'm going to predict a similar reaction by the unwashed masses and Finding Nemo.

A whole load of people are going to run down to Petco/PetsMart/Petland etc, buy a tank, fill it with water and throw in a few fish and the wonder why they all died in 3 days, the tank is an algae farm, and then we'll get inundated with "What's wrong with my tank" questions by about 4 of em.

Thanks Discovery.

I liked it. Kinda had to fast forward to the end but I like to look at tanks. If they made it so it appealed to use reefers, It wouldnt be interesting to the masses. Thats why mr saltwater tank doesnt have a network tv deal (yet). And I see his shows on forums all over the web.

Edited by bige

• 2 weeks later...

I got my fill by watching the short clips on Animal Planet's website. I agree with everyone else's comments. The tanks are amazing and I bet they do know more about the animals and how to care for them - they just dumb it down to look better/easier/more appealing to the general public. Such a shame, cause I really do think Americans would be interested in some of the real "behind the scenes" of the saltwater hobby. Think of how many people are fascinated with the History channel.

• 1 month later...

I can't stand it actually. Though some of the custom tank ideas are cool, the way they treat the animals bothers me, and I hate the fact that they could be educating people on the right way to do things rather than perpetuating bad ideas and habits. For a channel with the name of "Animal Planet" I expect more consideration of the animals. For example, the tank they built into the skateboard ramp. Can you imagine the stress on those creatures as people keep skating up the side of the tank?

VWMike.... that is the exact episode that made me want to vomit, and also when I decided that I would no longer watch the show. It was annoying from the get-go, but that was the fly on the poo for me. Here I am at home getting on to my hubs if the TV is thumping too loudly near the tank... and they have people actually skateboarding on theirs?! Ridiculous.