Lots of nice fish in stock!

JamesL

I stopped by the Dome on my home today, and they had a lot of nice fish in stock. They had a Potter's Angel that I was drooling over, but didn't want to take the nipping risk. So left with a beautiful swallowtail angel instead. This fish is already eating like a champ in my tank (was gobbling up mysis). Now it just needs to stand up a bit more to the brat damsels and all will be good :)

I also added to my gorgonian collection today.

Oooo what gorg did you get? I was there this evening too and they do have a lot of neat fish! Seahorses and pipefish too.

I picked up a 3 prong colony of a sea rod they had. And I also picked up a small frag that was in the tank with the seahorses/pipefish. I have a few bad pictures on my phone I can move over later.

Here are some pictures... I have the hardest time get fish to stand still :-p

Swallowtail Angel:

IMG_9784.JPG

The sea rod (not the best picture... but it polyped out pretty quickly):

IMG_9788.jpg

The left one is what I got today, the right one I had previously gotten from the Dome:

IMG_9792.JPG

And this is a ribbon gorgonian I had gotten from the Dome a while back:

IMG_9793.jpg

That's a great one. I got one of those silver gorgs from the dome many months ago. They grow so fast and always keep the polyps way out, even when there are seahorses hanging all over it. It doesn't shed either which is great. I love your collection! I wonder what type the little frag is? Do you know what the one on the right, in the middle picture is? I like the way it branches. Thanks for posting pictures!

That's a great one. I got one of those silver gorgs from the dome many months ago. They grow so fast and always keep the polyps way out, even when there are seahorses hanging all over it. It doesn't shed either which is great. I love your collection! I wonder what type the little frag is? Do you know what the one on the right, in the middle picture is? I like the way it branches. Thanks for posting pictures!

I think the little one is the same as the one on the right. And all I know about the one on the right is that is a photosynthetic gorgonian.... and it seems to grow at a good rate. I actually have another piece of it higher in the tank about the same size, but the polyps are a bit lighter due to being closer to the light. I have attached a picture of what it looked like when I first got it. The Dome had more like it yesterday.

post-249-0-41846000-1309011106_thumb.jpg