BRS Group Buy - June/July

Mitch

We're doing an official BRS group... minimum of 10 interested members (not all have to individually order btw, just need 10 on the list =), BRS will provide equal to or better than Preferred Customer pricing. Each individual can have their own order sent directly to your desired location and pay shipping (FREE shipping if order >$175), and/or individuals can combine orders to save on shipping, eg to hit the $175 threshold. Long term benefit is that each individual listed on the GB is given Preferred Customer pricing thereafter.

Here's who is interested so far (* means you've given me your BRS account info)

1. *Mitch

2. *Will

3. *Mindflux

4. *Ben

5. *Don

6. *Long

7. *JeeperTy

8. *Bry

9. *scottyk

10. *Chad and Belinda

11. *watx

12. *dsquared

Please chime in if interested and i'll update the list.

From BRS:

Then what? Here is what will happen after your list is emailed:

• On the pre-determined Tuesday each participant will receive an email notifying them that the Group Buy has started.
  • Participants can start buying as soon as they get this email. Please wait for this email before placing orders!
  • During the group buy week participants will login to their own account to place their own order, which ships immediately.
  • At the end of the Group Buy each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is generally between our retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!

I do recommend that you first confirm that your account has changed to reflect GB status before pulling the trigger. The prices should also reflect this change - typically it's their best multi-order pricing and sometimes better! =)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i spoke w BRS... so if an individual participating in a GB hits the $175 threshold, then they will receive FREE shipping... the FREE shipping promotion has been going on for a while and should still be there in July...

i spoke w BRS... so if an individual participating in a GB hits the $175 threshold, then they will receive FREE shipping... the FREE shipping promotion has been going on for a while and should still be there in July...

What I meant:

Get on RC GB for this coming Tuesday. One person orders for all of us and receives maximum discount (group buy discount). Our combined order easily exceeds $175. We all benefit from group buy pricing and free shipping. It's just up to the person handling the order to put in everyones order as one large order, split it up and collect payment.

if everyone is not in a rush, let's just make an ARC GB happen!

we're more than halfway there on headcount, and could easily get more names to be included.

several of us are already at or near the $175 threshold, so none of us should have to worry about paying for shipping unless you just have to have it delivered to your own addy.

if everyone is not in a rush, let's just make an ARC GB happen!

we're more than halfway there on headcount, and could easily get more names to be included.

several of us are already at or near the $175 threshold, so none of us should have to worry about paying for shipping unless you just have to have it delivered to your own addy.

I wonder if the GB still counts if you have 10 participants (to open the GB with BRS) but only a few actually participate?

@mindflux, yes, i've setup BRS GBs where there are 10 names submitted (minimum requirement), but far less actually submitting an order since we had some piggyback their order with someone else.

ok, so we have 7 participating now, and i'm pretty confident we can get another 3 to join by the time i need to submit the list... so let's see if we can agree on timeframe that works for everyone...

i propose Tue July 5 to be the beginning of the GB. this will allow for purchases thru MON July 11.

anybody need their stuff sooner?

i would prefer to have it sooner, but im already included in a gb on reef central and my order already counts for free shipping, so i may just order it that way, if not all wait for yall

I need a BRS Group Buy. I have enough alone to get free shipping, I'd just like the lowered prices.

I'll wait a bit. If there are 9 other folks here that want a GB I'll go with it, even set it up if it would help. If no reply in the next few days I'll just get what I need. Hoping for the discount w/out going RC group buy.

adding Bry to the list.

i will assume that everybody else is onboard for a start date of TUE July 5. if you are, please pm me the email and name associated with your BRS acount (create one if you don't already have one).

Adding Chad and Belinda which now makes 10!

Current start date is stll set for 2wks out - shall we pull this in by a week to 6/28? Or we could even do this week 6/21! Any objections/preferences? For those unfamiliar, we get a 7 day window during which we can submit our orders.

@Will, Mindflux, and Don, please send me your respective BRS account info (name and email registered under).

For those who are not hitting the FREE shipping threshold of $175, I advise you find someone to combine orders with. My order easily exceeds the threshold, but i'm willing to take piggybackers. I live near RCA if that matters.